Alive @ 25 June 9, 2021 – Madison
June 9 @ 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Upcoming Public Trainings:
Alive @ 25 focuses on young adult drivers between the ages of 15 and 24, the group with the greatest risk of death by motor vehicle crash. This highly interactive course targets those most in need of learning defensive driving skills, emphasizes making sound driving choices and raises awareness of the consequences of poor driving conduct. Since 1995, millions of young adult drivers have taken this course, including military, high school students and those sent by traffic court who have incurred traffic violations.
ALIVE @ 25 focuses on the issues that put young drivers in jeopardy – inexperience, poor judgement, distractions, peer pressure and a tendency to underestimate risk – in a way teens can relate to.
With a strong emphasis on classroom interaction, students are encouraged to join in non-threatening, non-judgmental discussions– exploring how changing driving behavior makes personal, legal and financial sense.
Course Objectives Include Being Able To
- Recognize that drivers in the 15-24 age group are more likely than anyone else to be injured or killed in a vehicle crash and understanding why those drivers are at such high risk.
- Understand the consequences of making poor judgments or taking unnecessary risks in a vehicle.
- Recognize the positive characteristics that can help them and their friends make wise driving decisions.
- Identify actions they can take to keep control whether they are a driver or a passenger.
- Commit to making better driving choices and to help their friends make better driving choices.
What Participants Will Learn
Designed to complement traditional driver education programs, Alive @ 25 was developed to teach and improve driving skills and behaviors. The 4-hour course incorporates Choice Theory and Reality TherapyTM techniques to help participants identify the five basic needs that drive human behavior. Alive @ 25 helps young drivers take greater responsibility for their driving by focusing on behavior, judgement, decision-making consequences.
By viewing real-life driving situations and hazard recognition scenarios and taking part in group discussions and role-playing exercises, participants learn to develop strategies that will keep them safe on the road.
Regular Price: $75
Course materials included.
- Training program discount
- Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
- Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!
- Cancellation and substitution policy
- Training registration forms
To schedule a private of this course, please contact WSC at 608.258.3400 or firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and availability.