Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene Aug 9-12, 2021 – Virtual Live Instructor Led Training
August 9 @ 8:15 am - August 12 @ 4:30 pm
*4 day course; must attend all 4 days*
The Wisconsin Safety Council Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene course will develop your understanding of industrial hygiene terminology, principles and practices. The four-day course covers 15 topics and examines four key processes in an effective industrial hygiene effort: anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control. You’ll be brought up to speed on anatomy and physiology, as well as chemical, physical, ergonomic and biological hazards in the workplace.
Taught in an interactive format supported by case studies, group discussions and hands-on equipment demonstrations, this is an essential course, especially for those with limited industrial hygiene training or experience.
- Key Topics/Goals/Objectives
- How to distinguish chemical, physical, ergonomic and biological hazards
- How to conduct an industrial hygiene needs analysis
- When to use a qualified/certified industrial hygienist
- Basic anatomy and physiology associated with routes of entry and toxicology
- Hazard evaluation techniques
- Emerging trends in combustible dust, hexavalent chromium, flavorings-related lung disease, bioterrorism, nanotechnology and pandemic influenza
- How to use essential monitoring equipment
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for safety, health, environmental and management personnel who have industrial hygiene responsibilities but limited training or experience in industrial hygiene.
Why You Should Attend
This course will provide you with the basics that you need to recognize potential industrial hygiene hazards in your workplace.
Regular Price $1,675
Discounted Member $1,325
Course materials included; consisting of over $275 worth of reference materials, including Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene textbook (5th ed.), Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene Study Guide and the NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards.
Please bring a standard calculator for work activities.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend this course and earn 2.6 CEUs from the Wisconsin Safety Council.
- Training program discount
- Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
- Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!
- Cancellation and substitution policy
- Training registration forms
To schedule a private of this course, please contact us at 608.258.3400 or firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and availability.