Principles of Occupational Safety and Health-3rd edition- Sept 27-30, 2021 (Live Instructor Led Virtual Training)
September 27 @ 8:15 am - September 30 @ 4:30 pm
The premier course for those new to safety, Principles of Occupational Safety and Health (POSH) gives you a balanced perspective of the full scope of occupational safety and health issues. POSH is an intensive four-day course covering 19 topics that provide a solid understanding of fundamentals of workplace safety and health. The course focuses on best practices for implementing and managing a safety program.
Throughout the four-day course, students will learn:
- How to examine prior incidents to help you avoid mistakes and maximize the effectiveness of your safety initiatives
- Recordkeeping strategies to prevent injuries and meet OSHA requirements
- How to develop various safety programs and policies that will positively impact your organization’s bottom line
- How to engage employees in various safety activities
- The impact of various OSHA standards on your safety plan
Completion of POSH qualifies you to pursue the NSC Advanced Safety Certificate, a nationally recognized safety program that sharpens your safety and leadership skills so you can drive fundamental safety change throughout your organization.
Who Should Attend?
This course is ideal for new safety professionals, individuals seeking career development, and an excellent refresher for experienced safety professionals. Specific roles that will benefit from this course include:
- Safety and health managers, coordinators, specialists and other full-time safety practitioners
- Safety committee members
- Operations managers
- Loss control managers
- Human resource managers
- Anyone else with safety and health responsibilities in an organization
Why Should You Attend?
You’ll go beyond the basics of compliance to learn best practices that help prevent injuries and related costs. You’ll also learn how to gain management’s support for your efforts and learn applications that you’ll use throughout your safety career. For individuals on a career path in safety, this program provides a clear roadmap and best-in-class education to meet many industry-leading certification requirements.
Registration: 8:15-8:30 am (day one only)
Course: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (each day)
Regular Price $1,675
Discounted Member $1,325
Course fee includes over $350 worth of reference materials, including Accident Prevention Manual (12th Ed.)/Administration & Programs; Accident Prevention Manual (12th Ed.)/Engineering & Technology; Injury Facts CD-ROM; and Resource CD.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend this course and earn 2.6 CEUs from the Wisconsin Safety Council.
Homework prior to attending the course. Download and complete the forms prior to the class start date.
In an effort to make your training experience meaningful, as well as applicable in the workplace, you are asked to come to this course prepared to discuss the following: short background about your organization; safety and health procedures/practices, etc. with the organization; safety and health hazards that exist; and how hazards are or are not resolved.
Please complete the following pre-course activity relating to safety and health within your organization. Once completed, ask your supervisor to sign the form. Bring the completed and signed form to class. Your responses will be confidential.
- Training program discount
- Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
- Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!
- Cancellation and substitution policy
- Training registration forms
To schedule a private of this course, please contact us at 608.258.3400 or email@example.com for pricing and availability.