- This event has passed.
Resource Conservation and Recovery Act Compliance for Hazardous Waste Generators Overview
October 17, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This full day compliance course provides an overview of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act and the responsibilities of individuals who manage hazardous waste under 40 CFR 260. This course can serve as an initial training or as the annual refresher that is required for all individuals involved in hazardous waste management. Resource Conservation and Recovery Act compliance course is designed for large and small quantity generators. The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act requires that facility personnel be trained to “perform their duties in a way that ensures the facility’s compliance” with hazardous waste regulations. Recertification is needed every year.
- What is a solid waste? What is a hazardous waste?
- Understanding waste codes, disposal options, land ban requirements
- How to determine your generator status
- Operating requirements (walk through of Wisconsin DNR inspection form)
- Satellite accumulation vs. permanent storage requirements
- Waste storage, container requirements, facility standards, Universal waste requirements, site inspections
- Lab packing parameters
- Training requirements
- Recordkeeping and paperwork requirements
Requirements for hazardous waste shipments
- How to select TSDFs and transporters
- How to best profile wastes to minimize disposal costs
- Manifest preparation and recordkeeping
- Land disposal restrictions
- Following applicable DOT requirements
- Universal wastes
- Used oil
- Electronic waste
- Metal recycling exemption
Liability and due diligence
- RCRA enforcement trends
- How to organize and manage your compliance data to minimize RCRA inspection
- Understanding liability concerns, Superfund, joint, several and strict liability
Who Should Attend
The workshop is geared to those who have some background in environmental management and basic knowledge of hazardous waste requirements. The course is also designed for those who are seeking a refresher on current hazardous and universal waste requirements and a better understanding of what RCRA compliance requires.
Team member of Wisconsin Safety Council
Registration: 8:15 – 8:30 am
Course: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
12:00-1:00 Lunch on your own (Check out the great restaurants in downtown Madison).WSC training center will include i-Pads for you to place your luncheon order.
Regular Price: $400
Discounted Member: $300
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend and earn .60 CEUs from the Wisconsin Safety Council.
Registration confirmations will be emailed. Pre-registration is required.
- Training program discount
- Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
- Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!
- Cancellation and substitution policy
- Training registration forms
To schedule a private of this course, please contact us at 608.258.3400 or firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and availability.