Upcoming Public Trainings:
On-going, nationwide critical events and most recently locally in Middleton, WI, serve as a reminder for all citizens to be aware of their environment.
With these events in mind, the Dane County Sheriff’s Office continues to take a proactive approach to active shooter/workplace violence. As of September 2018 over 12,000 people have participated in this Active Shooter Preparedness presentation.
It can happen here
- The average Active Shooter event lasts 4 – 8 minutes.
- Over 70% of Active Shooter incidents are over in 5 minutes or less.
- National average for Law Enforcement response is 5 – 6 minutes.
- Learning about these incidents and how to prepare can help save your life and the lives of others
- Be Prepared
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Positioning in the room
- Have an exit plan
- Keep distance between you and the source
- Create Barriers
- Defend yourself
- Learn how to recognize signs of violent behavior
- Learn Protective and preventative safety measures
If you See Something – Say Something
Always be observant
Be aware of vehicles which are out of place
Report someone who may be testing Security or “scoping” a place out
Take threats seriously (verbal, written, phoned)
Free to WSC/WMC members only. (2 representatives per company please as seats are limited).
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend this course and earn .2 CEUs from the Wisconsin Safety Council.
- Training program discount
- Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
- Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!
- Cancellation and substitution policy
- Training registration forms
To schedule any private courses at your facility, please contact WSC at 608.258.3400 or firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and availability.