This course is focused on reducing the risk of electrical shocks and arc flash hazards in the work place. Utilizing NFPA 70E, Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace®-2018, participants will learn how to assess the risk associated with electrical hazards and protect their employees by using Electrical Safety-Related Work Practices. Through the use of class break-out sessions and lectures, students will learn the expectations of what constitutes a valuable arc flash program.
- Define electrical safety hazards and how to protect against shock, electrocution and arc flash
- Identify safety policies and procedures employers are legally required to provide for their workers
- Describe the safety procedures needed to work safely while exposed to live circuits
- Determine arc flash PPE categories for many common workplace tasks and conditions
- Describe requirements for energizing and de-energizing power circuits
- Identify the elements of an Electrical Hazard Analysis
- Use the NFPA 70E Arc Flash PPE Tables to determine Arc Flash PPE Category for various tasks
Who Should Attend
This course should be attended by safety professionals, electricians and individuals who oversee employees that may be exposed to electrical hazards.
Why You Should Attend
This advanced course will give you the tools you need to build a robust electrical safety program.
Regular Price: $450
Discounted Member: $350
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend this course and earn .60 CEUs from the Wisconsin Safety Council.
- Training program discount
- Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
- Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!
- Cancellation and substitution policy
- Training registration forms
To schedule a private of this course, please contact us at 608.258.3400 or firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and availability.