Upcoming Public Trainings:
The National Safety Council’s Safety Management Techniques (SMT) training takes a balanced approach to safety management. This four-day course addresses administrative, technical and cultural issues, helping you effectively manage safety projects and employees. Improve your safety management skills and maximize your influence on your organization’s safety and health efforts. You’ll learn more than just what an effective manager does, you’ll learn real applications to define your role as a leader and problem solver.
This course equips safety and health professionals with skills in communication and management functions. Upon completion of the Safety Management Techniques course, you’ll be able to use new knowledge and skills to influence the safety and health efforts at your facility. Additional topics covered in the class include:
- How the key elements in safety, health and management influence your organization’s safety management focus
- How to identify characteristics of an effective safety management system
- The roles and responsibilities of safety professionals
- The four requirements for creating a positive safety culture
- Strategies and steps necessary for creating individual and organizational change
- How to establish a business case for a safety management system
- How to create a safety and health action plan to improve safety management
- Skills to analyze safety and health issues from a manager’s perspective and develop a plan to resolve issues
This course can apply to NSC’s Advanced Safety Certificate.
Who Should Attend?
Designed for the safety leader, this course meets the needs of safety and health committee leaders, supervisors, and middle/upper managers. Attend this course if you are coordinating, supervising, or managing safety and health efforts at your company.
Why Should You Attend?
This four day course is designed to assist you if you are responsible for managing employees and/or projects in safety and health efforts. Based on current safety, management, quality, and performance technology principles, this program focuses on the knowledge and skills required to effectively deal with safety and health management issues from an individual and organizational perspective. You will be involved in your own learning experience through interactive, instructional exercises in addition to examining your function and leadership role as a safety and health professional.
Regular Price: $1750
Discounted Member: $1,395
Course materials includes; 9 Elements of an Effective Safety Management System, Case Studies in Safety and Productivity, Volume One, Injury Facts CD-ROM, Safety and Health Code of Ethics.
*Classes will be held in person & virtually unless otherwise noted. For those attending via Zoom, a link will be sent to you at a later date*
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend this course and earn 2.6 CEUS from the Wisconsin Safety Council.
- Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
- Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!
- Cancellation and substitution policy
To schedule a private training of this course or any other for your company, please contact us at 608.258.3400 or email@example.com for pricing and availability.