Posted: November 22, 2023
Arow Global, Mosinee
Reporting to Human Resources, the Safety Manager is responsible for developing and implementing procedures that effectively control accident and health exposures throughout the company. The Safety Manager also will ensure OSHA compliance and foster a culture that promotes environmental, health and safety policies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the development and implementation of company safety and environmental programs intended to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, deaths, and financial losses.
- Ensure company compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Workers’ compensation and risk management administration.
- Incident commander for all emergency incidents including medical, fire, sever weather, and chemical spills.
- Serve as advisor and/or liaison to a variety of safety committees and teams to ensure company compliance and to stay informed of issues.
- Develop and coordinate safety activities and implement throughout the company.
- Direct audits of Safety programs at divisions and subsidiaries including tracking the corrective actions to completion.
- Oversee the development and implementation of effective industrial hygiene programs. (i.e. hearing, respiratory and exposure)
- Analyze the impact of safety and environmental compliance on proposed projects.
- Conduct regular audit and evaluations on the environmental impact that company products, facilities, and operations have.
- Produce, analyze, and report on Safety data and statics.
- Produce and present Safety topics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science, or related field.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of the organization.
- 3 – 5 years related experience in lieu of a degree will be considered; previous experience in Safety/EHS (environment, health, and safety).
- Experience in a safety role is highly desired.
- 3 – 5 years prior experience in a manufacturing environment is required; manufacturing leadership experience is desired.
- Completion of OSAH 501 and 511 certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, reach, stoop, kneel, walk, climb, talk, and hear.
AROW is an Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Employer and complies with Federal and State/Provincial regulations at all U.S. and Canadian locations.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to: Emily.email@example.com, or apply at arowglobal.com.
Posted: October 2, 2023
Upper Lakes Foods, Cloquet, MN
This position is responsible for planning, directing, and overseeing all aspects of the company’s occupational health and safety program, food safety, and FSMA compliance as well as DOT/driver compliance. The EHS Director is responsible for the prevention and elimination of injury and illness to employees as well as compliance with local, state, & federal safety, food safety, and DOT laws & regulations. Also serves as a consultant and resource for leadership and management in the planning and strategic operations of the company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and implements procedures, programs, and files regulatory reports in compliance with the local, state, and federal agencies.
- Assists with the record keeping, manuals, and auditing for these programs (including but not limited to): OSHA, DOT, FSMA, Siliker Auditing, Worker’s Comp, Food Safety Program, HACCP, Approved Suppliers, and QA Manual.
- Provides leadership in developing, implementing, and managing company policies related to worker safety, driver safety, DOT compliance, and food safety.
- Plans and implements programs to train supervisors and employees to meet standards and enhance company safety culture.
- Researches and implements appropriate programs to monitor driving records of active employees in compliance with company standards.
- Participates in standardization of practices in all company facilities to set metrics and goals in place to achieve a reduction of incidents, accidents, and injuries.
- Central point of contact for all accident and injury reporting to insurance agency. Facilitates the collection of data for accurate claim reporting. Investigates workplace injuries, near misses, driver incidents, and motor vehicle accidents. Helps determine and implement corrective actions.
- Maintains ULF DOT Vehicle Accident Registry, Data Q, and MC Number. Monitors CSA score for accuracy. Recommends programs and companywide initiatives to maintain an acceptable score for licensing.
- Inspects company facilities to detect existing or potential incidents & health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where necessary, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Works with HR Director and site Safety Specialist to monitor and manage worker’s compensation claims. Oversees and directs light duty program in all facilities. Connects and communicates with injured employees to expedite recovery and return to work.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the community. Maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Associates Degree in EHS or related field
- Current certifications as dictated by EHS role
- Knowledge and Understanding of DOT regulations and compliance
- 4+ years related experience in a safety role
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to interpret and implement local, state and federal regulations
- Good Analytical skills and problem solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Certification, Licenses, Registrations
- Requires continuing education to maintain knowledge and proficiency of ever-changing laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in EHS or related field
- Supervisory Experience
- Demonstrated ability as a change agent
HOW TO APPLY
Indeed, or company web site www.upperlakesfoods.com Careers – current opportunities. Deadline: End of November, or sooner.
Please email job overview, in word format, to Barb Deans. Your posting will remain on our site for 6-8 weeks, unless a specific deadline is included. If you have questions, please contact the Wisconsin Safety Council at 608.661.6914. This service is free.
Please include the following:
- Job Title
- How to Apply (web link, email if applicable, etc.)