January 19, 2021
Senior EHS Specialist
Dynamic Lifecycle Innovations – Onalaska, WI
As a Safety Engineer at Dynamic Lifecycle Innovations you will serve as the technical expert for many of Dynamic’s safety programs including powered industrial trucks and mobile elevated work platforms, permit-required confined spaces, lockout/tagout, electrical safety, hot work, and fall protection. Additionally, in this position you will work closely with operations to perform job hazard assessments, incident investigations, corrective actions, and continuous improvement activities.
• Management of safety programs
• Asses trends/issues and implement continuous improvement activities
• Investigate the safety of work environment and implement corrective action
• Provide technical support, analysis and consultative services
• Design and develop training programs
• Coordinate and train on EHS policies and programs
• Teach safety standards
• Perform formal and informal training
• Apply in-depth knowledge of regulations to determine compliance within program areas
• Ensure proper certifications are obtained and maintained
• Participate in audits of facility and safe work practices, ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal regulations
• Confer with front-line leaders and operations managers to design and prepare safe operational plans
• Confer with team members to resolve operational safety problems
• Interpret standards and programs
• Communicate inspection results and recommendations
• Represent EHS at company meetings
• Input data and provide reports regarding the status of safety metrics
• Participate in presenting the status of safety to all levels of the organization
Qualified candidates must possess an Associate’s Degree in occupational Health and Safety, or a business field, and three years of relevant experience. However, additional experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Knowledge of OSHA standards and relevant industry-specific standards
• Knowledge of safety risks
• Mechanical and engineering concepts
• Training design & development
• Critical and analytical thinking
• Strong problem solver
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Converting technical concepts for end users
• Program development
• Change management
• Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
• Establish relationships and influence change
• Ability to develop and deliver training modules
• Ability to travel up to 10%
Outstanding candidates may also possess these bonus qualifications
• A Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety
• Experience with material recovery/recycling
• Experience with ISO 45001 management systems and audits
• Knowledge of ANSI, ASTM and NFPA standards
• Skilled in risk assessment, program management and conflict management
• Ability to develop strategies
• Ability to lead and organize small projects
How to Apply
Please visit our careers page to apply for the Senior EHS Specialist opening.
January 15, 2021
Safety & Loss Control Consultant, Dane County/SW Wisconsin
Rural Mutual Insurance Company, Madison, WI
- Provide consultation services including safety training, safety and loss control inspections, loss history evaluations, and program development to medium and large size commercial policyholders.
- Assist the commercial lines underwriting process by evaluating client operations, risks and controls. This includes safety and loss control pre-surveys of large commercial prospects and annual surveys of existing accounts.
- Prepare technical safety and loss control reports, develop appropriate safety and loss control recommendations, and issue recommendation letters to policyholders.
- Provide technical training and guidance to agents and underwriting staff on safety and loss control topics.
- Provide public training to trade organizations, conferences, seminars, and continuing education classes in support of Rural Mutual’s focus on protecting Wisconsin employees and businesses.
- Develop safety and loss control resource materials that can be provided to our agents, underwriters and policyholders.
- Assist in the continued development of the safety and loss control material library and website.
- Improve processes within the company to increase the level and quality of service provided to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety, Insurance or equivalent degree or work experience.
- Minimum of five years of safety and/or loss control experience in insurance, manufacturing, construction or agriculture.
- Knowledge of OSHA, MSHA, DOT, NFPA, FMCS, DSPS, DNR and other relevant safety and regulatory standards.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient personal computer and mobile technology skills with the ability to use MS Office Suite and learn a variety of proprietary technology platforms.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Available for overnight travel (<5%)
How to apply
Send resume with salary requirements in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email job overview, in word format, to Barb Deans. Your posting will remain on our site for 6-8 weeks, unless a specific deadline is included. If you have questions, please contact the Wisconsin Safety Council at 608.661.6914. This service is free.
Please include the following:
- Job Title
- How to Apply