Posted: June 6, 2023
Quality Roasting, Valders, WI
Since 1991, Quality Roasting has been meeting the demand for high quality soybean products in livestock diets. In 2000, we developed Exceller Meal®, an expeller soybean meal product that is high in bypass protein and the ingredient of choice in high performing dairy cattle rations. In 2018, Quality Roasting began producing Exceller Oil®, an all-natural, food-grade vegetable oil for human consumption. Today, we process more than 14M bu of soybeans annually, produce 350,000 tons of Exceller Meal® and 15M gallons of soybean oil each year, and employ more than 50 team members at our three facilities – Valders, WI, Owen, WI and Reese, MI.
At Quality Roasting, people make the difference. By joining our team, you become an important part of building our future, and we invest in you to help build your future. We believe in teaching, training, and supporting you to achieve your greatest potential. We listen and empower you to make a difference. Our culture fosters teamwork; ensures your safety; and embraces diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. In other words, you come first, and we demonstrate the care and value that we have for people in everything we do.
Duties & Responsibilities
As Safety Director, you will have a significant, positive impact on our culture and our future by building a safety program from the ground up. Due to our significant growth, this newly structured position is fully dedicated to enhancing the workplace safety vision and culture within the organization.
Using your knowledge and experience, you can further develop our safety program and make it your own. This position is based in our Valders, WI location and will involve approximately 10-20% travel to provide support to our Owen, WI and Reese, MI facilities.
If you have at least five years of occupational/environmental health and safety experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment and are looking for a fresh challenge away from the corporate environment with a stable, financially strong company where you can put your stamp on things to impact our future success, we encourage you to consider joining our team!
A detailed job description and application form are available on Quality Roasting’s Careers website, https://www.qualityroasting.com/career-opportunities/
How To Apply
For best consideration, submit resume by June 20, 2023 to: Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: May 1, 2023
TC Transcontinental, Tomah, WI
TC Transcontinental, Making Impressions Count
TC Transcontinental is a leader in flexible packaging in North America, and Canada’s largest printer. The Corporation is also the leading Canadian French-language educational publishing group. For over 40 years, TC Transcontinental’s story has been one of innovation and transformation to meet our customers’ evolving needs. Our strong family values, entrepreneurial spirit and long-term vision have always been at the heart of our success. With our 3 business sectors of Packaging, Print and Media, we continue to optimize, transform and grow while making impressions that count!
The Health Safety Wellness (HSW) and Environmental Coordinator is a key safety resource for the Tomah, WI facility. The Coordinator is responsible for and will assist with all aspects of Health, Safety, Wellness and Environmental functions. They will report directly to the Production Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support and contribute to a Healthy and Safe work environment by following all workplace regulations, policies, and initiatives, including reporting all first aid injuries, accidents, and workplace hazards
- Organize and co-lead site Safety Committee and regularly attend committee meetings
- Maintain safety action item register and communicate action items to responsible parties
- Support Emergency Response Team (ERT) and guide them with information or external resources
- Develop safety training schedules, prepare training materials, and deliver some trainings
- Design and assemble safety and wellness toolbox talks to aid in plant-wide communications
- Perform safety audits and behavioral observations, provide leadership to others performing audits
- Track and analyze audits and behavior-based observations, maintaining action item logs
- Conduct incident investigations and develop corrective actions
- Maintain EHS Alerts and organize Safety Suggestion response communications
- Assist in maintaining all safety records (training, incident investigation, etc.)
- Maintain documentation to meet environmental regulations on all aspects of hazardous waste
- Perform weekly inspections including hazardous material
- Monitor universal waste accumulation and schedule pick-ups as needed
- Calculate and input environmental numbers for company reporting
- Coordinate hazardous waste shipments
- Oversee sharps and biohazard waste disposal and documentation
- Communicate with external regulatory agencies (including OSHA, DNR, EPA, etc.)
- Research safety and environmental best practices or regulatory changes, proposing actions
- Evaluate and decide on proper safety guarding, safe cutting tools, and PPE
- Assist in ordering safety, PPE and first aid supplies
- Audit first aid kits and ensure they are adequately supplied
- Check AED units Monthly
- Maintain safety communications boards (mandatory postings, safety committee minutes, monthly plant safety results, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety or Environmental or other related field preferred.
- 1-3 years of related experience is preferred
- Computer literate with a strong knowledge of software such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to exemplify professional behavior and confidentiality when dealing with Worker’s Compensation, disciplinary actions and all other aspects of the position
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills and active listening, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Highly organized with the ability to provide and receive direction and also be self-directed and prioritize projects in order to meet deadlines
- Work within company policies, procedures, work rules and compliance standards
- Flexibility in work schedule to complete training and projects
How to Apply
Apply via the website: https://jobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25783&siteid=5113&Areq=10183BR
Deadline: June 5, 2023
Posted: April 21, 2023
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee injury reporting along with timely follow up. Analyze continuous improvement opportunities
- Identify safety training needs and trends based on monthly safety reports and create corrective action plans
- Write and review company safety policies
- Review OSHA compliance standards and implement company policies and training
- Write company safety training programs in partnership with company training team
- Responsible for company emergency preparedness/response plan
- Manages company safety suggestions and STOP observations
- Main point of contact for safety related incidents
- On-call for emergency medical situations as main point of communication
- Write company JSAs
- Support MSDS program.
- Report out on Safety KPI’s on effectiveness. Provide monthly reporting on OSHA metrics
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-10 years’ related experience required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to perform complex tasks independently.
- Lead projects and teams of other employees as needed
- May have some impact on departmental budgeting and strategic planning
- Leadership skills
- Ability to foster teamwork
- Ability to identify and seek needed information/research skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of the policies, procedures, and practices
- OSHA 30 certification or ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire
- How to Apply
Please email email@example.com
TO POST AN OPENING
Please email job overview, in word format, to Barb Deans. Your posting will remain on our site for 6-8 weeks, unless a specific deadline is included. If you have questions, please contact the Wisconsin Safety Council at 608.661.6914. This service is free.
Please include the following:
- Job Title
- How to Apply (web link, email if applicable, etc.)