Posted: February 2, 2023
HSE Business Partner
Ceva Animal Health, Verona, WI
The Health Safety Environment Business Partner will develop world class environmental, health and safety programs. The Business Partner position will be responsible for development of compliant environmental, health, safety, transportation and security programs at a vaccine manufacturing facility based in Verona, Wisconsin. This includes integration of environmental, health, and safety programs into daily operations to ensure compliance and continuous improvement.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Execute implementation and regular review of safety policies, procedures, and programs in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
· Serve as Responsible Official for federally regulated biologics on site. Act as the primary contact with the Centers for Disease Control. Manage all audits, audit findings, and requests for information from the CDC, FBI, and local government agencies involved in federally regulated biologics on site.
• Review all Biosafety Risk Assessments submitted to the US to ensure conformance to Federal, State, and Local regulation.
• Manage site environmental programs, including preparation and submittal of various environmental reports to include air, water, and waste. Create applications, negotiate with regulators throughout the application process, and maintain/monitor permits after receipt.
• Lead internal and external discussions and meetings with auditors, agencies, and consultants. Develop and maintain a positive relationship with all regulatory agencies. Always ensure inspection readiness to prevent fines and judgements.
• Provide site support for all US sites and perform internal site audits against all applicable standards. Determine applicability of HS&E, Security, and Transportation regulations to operations at the site.
• Ensure HSE road map, site road map, and corporate standards are applied, and employees are working in safe status.
• Develop, coordinate, and deliver HS&E, Security and Transportation training and knowledge assessments as required. Track training completion and ensure that the site receives all applicable training.
• Respond to injuries and provide high level first aid care. Coordinate medical care and assist with workers’ compensation claims when necessary. Lead incident investigations around injuries, environmental events, and occupation health incidents. Ensure notifications are made to appropriate internal stakeholders. Identify root cause and assign appropriate corrective and preventative actions, build concise summaries for sharing, and track CAPAs to closure within reasonable timeframe.
• Ensure compliance with recordkeeping requirements defined by regulatory agencies and internal company policy including maintenance of required HS&E, Security and Transportation plans for the facility, injury reports and internal procedures. Review and escalate concerning trend patterns independently. Lead site and global programs for injury reduction.
• Integrate HSE programs into daily operations by partnering with operations and other support areas to develop compliant and implementable programs in a challenging and fast-paced organization. Ensure all SOPs are correctly applied and assist in re-writing SOPs when necessary.
• Interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenge. Provide regular feedback to site management and EHS director and actively participates in all tier meetings.
• Provide leadership to all site employees and build engagement and development of safety behaviors and mindsets to building safety culture and knowledge throughout all US facilities.
• Provide support to manufacturing and support staff in completing analysis, self-assessments and addressing specific concerns as raised.
• Perform risk assessments, monitoring, hazard analysis and reviews. Assist in implementation of controls of identified risks.
• Anticipate, recognize, and evaluate workplace health hazards and recommend proper control strategies.
• Deep knowledge of Health, Safety, Environmental and Transportation laws and best practices
• Industrial Hygiene experience
• Competent person in fall protection
• Previous experience as a Biosafety Officer
• Learning agility to enable continuous improvement to changing demands
• Experience in Root Cause Analysis methodology such as fishbone, FMEA, and 5 whys
• Excellent computer skills in Google and Microsoft Windows environments. This includes demonstrated skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and preferably Google Docs. Intermediate skill set desired in spreadsheet and database design and management
Education – Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environment, Health, and Safety, or related scientific field
Work Experience – 4-6 years progressive experience in Health, Safety, and Environment in a manufacturing environment, previous working experience in a lean manufacturing environment. 3 years biosafety experience.
Other – First Aid/CPR/Spill Response experience required. PMP, CIH, ASP, CSP, RBP, or CBSP certifications preferred, but not required.
How to Apply
Apply online at HSE Business Partner
Posted: February 2, 2023
Health, Safety, & Environmental (HSE) Manager
Ohly, Boyceville, WI
Ohly is the third largest yeast extract producer in the world with sites in Germany and the USA. We develop, produce, and deliver high-quality yeast-based flavors and specialty powders. Ohly is part of the $17.6bn turnover Associated British Food (ABF) Group. ABF is a broad portfolio of businesses which includes Primark, Ovaltine, Twinings, AB Enzymes, and is the world’s second largest producer of both sugar and baker’s yeast. ABF takes a long-term perspective on investment and performance and stimulates entrepreneurship by giving high degrees of autonomy to operational businesses. This means that decisions are taken as close as possible to their point of impact allowing teams the freedom to act, in order to be successfully flexible and fast. ABF invests a great deal in selecting and developing the right people for Ohly and the broader ABF group of companies.
The HSE Manager will have complete ownership of Health, Safety, and Environmental topics. They are responsible to maintain existing programs as well as identify and implement new programs and systems. This role serves as a subject matter authority and employee resource for HSE compliance inquiries, requirements, and operational best practices. This position also promotes personal safety and environmental sustainability, works with other departments to analyze trends, identify opportunities, and drive improvements in support of company goals and initiatives. Safety before profit is a core value at Ohly, so we will expect this role to lead our organization to zero injuries through proactive and preventive practices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Active participant in Ohly Leadership Team and effectively leads, coaches, and develops managers and supervisors across all site functions to be effective HSE leaders in their roles
- Engage with all employees to understand and better manage health, safety, and environmental risks
- Partner with colleagues to integrate and operationalize HSE programs and drive a culture of safety, compliance, and continuous improvement
- Provide leadership, direction, and prioritization input into HSE objectives as part of the master planning process
- Develop and implement best practice HSE programs, processes, and systems
- Maintain a “road-map” for the HSE department – current state, future state, and department priorities focused on achieving the vision for our future state
- Actively participates in change management and provides input into projects to ensure company and regulatory safety standards and best practices are included in project scopes
- Serve as the Ohly’s primary point of contact and resource for health, safety, and environmental questions and concerns
- Provide technical expertise as needed in all HSE areas
- Develop and identifies HSE talent through active support, coaching, and feedback to support career and personal growth
Reporting & Government Compliance
- Report company required HSE metrics at required frequency
- Analyze trends and data to prioritize improvement areas and drive proactive improvement activities
- Monitor facility performance against goals and objectives and communicate results both up and down the organization effectively
- Track the impact of regulatory changes on the business, ensure they are being managed and, confirm that all required reporting is completed
- Ensure Ohly is continuously in an audit-ready state of compliance with company policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirements
- Key liaison between safety regulatory agencies, site production managers, and senior management
- Drive Environmental, Social, & Governance (ESG) compliance and improvements and actively participate in developing local strategy to meet company environmental goals
Essential Skills & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, IH, Environmental or related area preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in site-level leadership and program management
- Strong interpersonal, coaching, and project management skills
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong demonstrated leadership and self-initiative
- Analytical, detail oriented, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate sophisticated topics in terms suited to the audience
- Comprehensive oral and written skills
- Regulatory compliance knowledge in DNR, OSHA, and EPA, and local standards
- Experience in food and beverage manufacturing or related field
Desirable Skills & Knowledge
- Familiar with spray drying and liquid processing technologies
- Professional Certifications (CSP, CIH, etc)
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Experience with ISO certifications
How to Apply
Apply online at: Health, Safety, & Environmental (HSE) Manager
Posted: December 22, 2022
Director of Risk & Safety
Bauer Built Tire and Service, Durand, WI
The Bauer Built team has nearly 600 dedicated team members performing in commercial tire centers and manufacturing plants across nine states. We have an opportunity for a Director of Risk and Safety who will be responsible for providing guidance and direction for the planning, implementation and operation of the organization’s safety and risk management programs. This is a leadership position that requires driving safety results across multiple business functions and geographies located in the upper Midwest while instilling an effective and positive safety culture and experience for all employees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with management to develop, prepare, and implement safety policies and procedures.
- Identifies opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and
- Ensures completion of required OSHA recordkeeping and
- Actively serves as role model to Bauer Built’s values and leadership principles, driving a culture with safety as priority.
- Encourages and seeks out employee feedback on improving safety policies and procedures.
- Utilizes behavior-based safety principles to create a safety partnership between management and employees to continually focus attention and actions on daily safe behavior.
- Manages and leads Bauer Built’s safety program (Zero in on Safety)
- Conducts employee training on applicable safety standards utilizing in-person, online, and learning management system means.
- Partners with Human Resources and business leaders to design safety training for all levels of employees.
- Develops and implements accident investigation, data analysis, and recurrence prevention programs and procedures.
- Oversees injury management and worker compensation case management and return to work program.
- Inspects facilities, machinery, equipment, and personnel practices regularly to identify and resolve potential safety and health concerns and hazards.
- Manages facility safety audit program for all company locations.
- Leads Bauer Built’s property & casualty insurance program and insurance carrier broker/agent selection.
- Manages the indemnification of Bauer Built and its subsidiaries.
- Lead the annual insurance renewal process, advises executive management on coverages needed, including insurance type and adequate amount of coverage to bind.
Bachelor’s degree in safety or risk management or similar field and/or 8-10 years’ experience in the safety, work comp, construction, manufacturing, or insurance industry with emphasis on risk and worksite safety management and compliance.
- Strong knowledge of health, safety and environmental requirements and training with the ability to develop, implement and coordinate comprehensive health and safety accident prevention programs
- Strong worker’s compensation and insurance (property & casualty, equipment, fleet, etc.) experience
- Understanding of behavior-based safety principles and how to implement them
- Knowledge of continuous improvement principles, such as cause mapping, fishbone root cause analysis, 5S, visual management,
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas to employees at all levels
- Strong analytical and research skills to define and solve problems
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and demands
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build connection and partnership with employees at all levels and company locations
- Strong computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Travel up to 20% needed for on-site scheduled visits or to support unscheduled compliance visits with acceptable motor vehicle record
How to Apply
Apply online at: https://www.bauerbuilt.com/careers/job-openings/
Posted: December 20, 2022
City of Green Bay
Do you have a background in Occupational Safety and want to have a positive impact on the lives of public sector employees? The City of Green Bay is looking for a Safety Coordinator to assist in administering the city’s safety and health programs! This position will be a part of our growing division devoted to the safety of all our workers, including those within a wide range of departments like Police, Fire, Water Utility, Public Works, Transit, and the Green Bay Parks system1
• Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or a related field.
• Safety related certification (CSP, ASP, OHST, STS, etc.) preferred.
• Three years of increasingly responsible experience in a professional or administrative capacity in Worker’s Compensation, Safety, Occupational Health and/or Loss Control Management.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
The City offers an alternative work schedule in the summer; dress for your day; remote work options and an excellent fringe benefits package.
The City of Green Bay is a leader in employee health and wellness with its Health/1265 program with a goal to engage all employees in their own health and well-being. By being active and taking preventive measures employees earning 1265 points can reduce what they pay for insurance premiums, earn dollars and incentives that include Packer’s game day tickets, autographed memorabilia and more.
At the City of Green Bay, we strive to foster an environment of diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We welcome LGBTQ+, women, and minority candidates to apply.
How to Apply
Apply online at www.greenbaywi.gov/jobs. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please email job overview, in word format, to Barb Deans. Your posting will remain on our site for 6-8 weeks, unless a specific deadline is included. If you have questions, please contact the Wisconsin Safety Council at 608.661.6914. This service is free.
Please include the following:
- Job Title
- How to Apply (web link, email if applicable, etc.)