October 7, 2020
Regional Safety Coordinator
Municipal Electric Utilities of Wisconsin, Fox Valley
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of professional work experience, including direct responsibility for workplace safety
- Expansive knowledge of OSHA 1910 and 1926 standards, along with additional requirements set forth by the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services
- Experience developing and implementing safety programs
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including SharePoint
- Exceptional communications skills and the ability to build relationships and work as a part of a team
- B.S. degree in Occupational Health and Safety or other relevant field is preferred
We know from past experience that successful workers in this position have had experience:
- Working in local/county government
- Working in construction or other field service in an outdoor setting
- Being a trainer, including comfort with public speaking and effective presentation skills
- Fire/EMS/Law Enforcement/Military
Duties & Responsibilities
- As part of our team, you will serve the occupational safety and health program needs for members of our Regional Safety Management Program comprised of municipal utilities, towns, cities, and villages.
- You’ll travel daily to one of your assigned communities, to develop relationships and provide on-site training, audits, inspections, and hazard assessments to strengthen safety performance among the employees who work there.
- On the job you’ll work with established safety committees to proactively identify training and program needs, conduct root cause analysis and incident investigations, and complete required compliance documentation.
- You’ll also be called on to implement and/or manage our clients’ Return to Work programs and assist, as needed, as the liaison for insurance and state safety inspections.
More information on MEUW and the position is available here.
October 6, 2020
Director of Safety
Kapco Metal Stamping, Grafton, WI
Kapco Inc. was named one of Journal Sentinel’s top places to work in 2020 and we are looking to build our fast-growing team! Kapco Core Values: Innovation, Attitude, Integrity, Impact, Accountability, Safety. If you are driven to succeed with a passion for the professional growth and development of others, our employee-focused company may have the right opportunity for you.
Requires BA/BS degree in a Science or Engineering discipline and a minimum of 10 years of safety experience in an industrial environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- •Manages the company safety programs as well as handles all processes relating to safety training, safety committee and workplace injury claims designed to prevent personal injury, product and equipment damage and preserve employee health.
- •Oversees, analyzes results and drives the effectiveness of the programs within all entities.
- •Design, develop, implement, sustain and monitor compliance of safety, health, welfare and environmental systems, standards, practices and policies that prevent people from getting sick or injured and keep property from being damaged and in compliance with corporate, state, federal and local requirements and contract requirements
•Represents the Company when interacting with government regulators for routine safety and compliance-related issues and is the liaison for scheduling required inspections
• Oversees Worker Compensation insurance program
• Review plans and specifications for new machinery and equipment to ensure safety requirements are met
• Participate on safety analysis for new product development
• Identify and correct potential hazards by inspecting and auditing facilities, machinery, and safety equipment
• Verify implementation of corrective and preventive actions
• Review employee safety programs, recommend and implement improvements and drive continuous improvements to maintain a safe work environment for all of our employees at all times
• Oversees training of new employees in safety orientation. Train workers in safety standard work, safety work instructions, practices, and procedures as assigned. Assist teams to arrive at the root cause(s) and to develop an action plan and follow up system that eliminates reoccurrence
• Investigate workplace accidents
• Participates and recommends corrective actions including employee disciplines related to safety hazards, incidents and violations
• Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes and ensure compliance
• Maintain safety database for incident reporting and investigations, audits and safety inspections, corrective and preventive safety actions and safety improvements and maintain safety data sheets (SDS) on the shared drive and SDS books as necessary
• Participates in business planning and budgeting
• Coordinates employee actions for subordinates to include evaluations, discipline, training, testing, and career development
• Other projects and duties as assigned
How to Apply
Please apply online
Posted: October 1, 2020
Consultant – EHS
Kestrel Tellevate, LLC – Location: Madison, WI
Kestrel Tellevate LLC (KTL) is seeking a Consultant with 3-5 years of environmental, health, and safety (EHS) consulting or relevant industry experience to join our team. This individual will work under the direction of KTL Project Managers and Senior Consultants to manage and execute tasks for KTL’s EHS projects. The EHS Consultant must have working knowledge of EHS regulatory compliance, auditing, and management systems (e.g., ISO 14001, 45001) and experience with information management systems and software tools, particularly Microsoft SharePoint®.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Performing EHS compliance assessments and implementing follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with applicable regulations
• Development EHS programs, plans, and procedures
• Assessing, designing, implementing, and auditing EHS management systems (e.g., ISO 14001, 45001)
• Conducting onsite evaluations focused on chemical risk management for labs, industrial facilities, and other client sites
• Researching federal, state, and local EHS regulatory requirements and maintaining standards
• Conducting relevant EHS training for clients
• Creating and delivering high-quality client deliverables, including reports, meeting minutes, PowerPoint presentations, training resources, etc.
• Participating in the development and management of KTL’s SharePoint® offerings
• Supporting projects by applying engineering techniques, conducting tests and inspections, and preparing reports and calculations
• Supporting other KTL professionals to effectively manage and deliver projects
• Building client relationships, leading to repeat business
• B.S. degree in technical field (e.g., environmental science, chemistry, environmental/civil engineering, occupational safety)
• 3-5 years of EHS consulting or relevant industry experience
• Strong knowledge of environmental and/or safety standards and management systems
• Strong understanding of chemical nomenclature, hazard classes, and chemical reactivity
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Excellent research, analytical, writing, and organizational skills
• Strong computer skills – Microsoft SharePoint® and information management systems tools/software experience preferred
• Ability to travel up to 50%
KTL is a management consulting firm providing EHS, sustainability, food safety, and quality consulting services to a wide range of industry, municipal, university, and government clients. Our focus is to build strong, long-term client partnerships and provide value-added solutions that simplify management systems, improve compliance, and establish more sustainable operations. KTL specializes in developing and implementing strategies, processes, and tools that complement our clients’ investments in existing programs and resources. Our highly qualified personnel have an in-depth knowledge of U.S. federal, state, and international EHS requirements; global food safety compliance; ISO management systems; and information management tools. Our consultants possess the education, work experience, and professional registrations necessary to provide value-adding consulting services to our clients.
How to Apply
Forward a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: September 4, 2020
Safety Program Manager
If a company is going to make a difference in today’s world, it’s going to have to think differently. At Organic Valley, our philosophy and decisions are based on the health and welfare of people, animals and the earth. We’re a mission-driven cooperative, owned by family farmers, and we’ve been leaders in organic agriculture from the very beginning. Once pioneers of organic agriculture, we’re now an established leader. Organic is all we do. We are driven by our mission to promote regional farm diversity and economic stability by the means of organic agricultural methods and the sale of certified organic products.
Summary of Role
The Safety Program Manager is responsible for developing, monitoring, communicating and supporting Health and Safety programs, policies, procedures, and best practices, including OSHA and other related regulatory compliance for assigned facilities. This is a safety sensitive position.
Duties and Responsibilities
o Serve as primary Health and Safety contact for day-to-day operations for the following locations: Cashton DC; OMC Consolidation Point; Chaseburg Creamery; Chaseburg Office and Warehouse (COW); Hillsboro Consolidation Point (HCP); McMinnville Creamery
o Serve designated facilities in WI by dedicating 40 percent of work time to “floor time” in designated production environments, including, but not limited to, facilitation of safety committee meetings, consistent attendance and active participation at process safety management meetings, and facility task force meetings.
o Communicate and support safety-related policies, procedures, best practices and operational safety programs to ensure compliance with related local, state, federal, and OSHA regulations.
o Identify and evaluate hazards in the workplace and recommend solutions to minimize or eliminate risk.
o Manage, implement, and support facility specific safety training, including day to-day coaching for employees, conducting drills with all shifts, supervisors, and managers.
o Promote safe behaviors through behavior-based safety, utilizing the BEST Program, and initiatives to create and maintain a positive safety culture that collaboratively involves employees at all levels of the organization.
o Collaborate and facilitate meetings with appropriate leadership, employees, and subject matter experts to complete accident, incident and near-miss investigations to uncover root cause, recommend corrective actions to eliminate or reduce risk of reoccurrences, and track completion of corrective actions.
o Represent Safety on new building and equipment procurement project teams.
o Update, maintain, and communicate Emergency Action Plan documentation, including related maps and lists.
o Collecting and preparing data for Health and Safety metric reporting.
o Represent Health & Safety in food safety or other audits for assigned facilities, including preparation of facility specific updates to written safety programs, completing assigned tasks in a timely manner, and point person in communication with auditors and team members at time of audit.
o Handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
o Provide managers and supervisors with recommendations on facility, equipment, and workspace design and implementation to create and maintain a safe work environment.
o Maintain good working relationships and have timely, honest, positive two-way communication with CROPP internal and external employees.
o Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
o Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or related field, or equivalent experience, required.
o Five or more years of experience in Safety or related field, required.
o Demonstrated experience fostering a team environment with solution orientation.
o Ability to work successfully with state and federal government agencies.
o Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
o Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
o Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
o Valid driver’s license and the ability to work at multiple locations.
How to Apply
Please apply online at: https://organicvalley.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/3/home/requisition/417?c=organicvalley
Posted: August 26, 2020
Safety & Risk Manager
Century Fence Company
Century Fence Company is hiring a Safety & Risk Manager to develop and implement a strong culture of safety for our growing employee base, five facilities and field operations. Century Fence Company is a family owned business celebrating over 103 years as a best-in-class construction company in the Midwest, with expertise in commercial fence and pavement marking industries.
The manager will provide leadership, ongoing development, define expectations, evaluate performance, provide guidance, expand safety training and strategic objectives. Planning, providing and executing the needed resources for specific work activities to educate, warn and protect all company employees is essential. The Safety & Risk Manager is responsible for the safety and training plans for web based safety platforms, such as ISNetworld.
1-3 years of relevant work experience in the OSH profession or one of its specialties.
Prefer 4-year degree or 2-year degree in OSH from an accredited college or university.
Preference for GSP, ASP, CHST or OHST certification.
- OSHA compliance: Construction (field operations) & General Industry ( shop and yard)
- Environmental safety and health
- Safety or environmental management
- Safety or environmental science
- Training and communicating expectations
- Crisis response and management
- Accident investigation and analysis
- Performance measurement and tracking
- Subcontractor management
- Maintained comprehensive risk and safety records OSHA: task and equipment precautions for construction and general industry
- Operation of fleet (including E Logs and fleet technology) and DOT compliance
- DOT hazardous materials, DOT, FMCSA, OSHA 10, HOS
- Conducted training in all OSH topics
- Performed shop and field site inspections and/or audits
- Claims management: Reporting, investigating / managing of WC, Auto, & GL claims
- Recognition of hazards
- Participated in and lead emergency responses
- Addressed employee OSH concerns
- Implemented OSH measures, programs and procedures
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- Exhibits positivity, passion, integrity and responsibility
- Construction experience
- Thorough knowledge of applicable government regulations
- Shop and field safety regulations
- Multi-state and federal regulation comprehension
- Computer skills including Microsoft office programs
- Organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates effective communication skills both oral and written
- Capabilities to manage multiple projects and locations
- Strong training and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Please apply by sending an email with resume to: email@example.com
Please email job overview, in word format, to Barb Deans. Your posting will remain on our site for 6-8 weeks, unless a specific deadline is included. If you have questions, please contact the Wisconsin Safety Council at 608.661.6914. This service is free.
Please include the following:
- Job Title
- How to Apply