Posted: August 22, 2022
Director of Safety & Risk Management
University of Wisconsin-Platteville has an opportunity for a Director of Safety and Risk Management to join our Platteville campus. Reporting to the Vice Chancellor for Administrative Services, the Director of Safety and Risk Management develops risk management program goals, identifies risk management issues, coordinates unit response, and provides education and training to eliminate potential risks and find solutions for existing risks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- This position is responsible for all aspects of the UW-Platteville Risk Management and Environmental Health and Safety programs on campus; implements and interprets various Federal and State regulations; distributes safety information from the University Risk Management Office and UW-System Occupational Health and Safety Office; and maintains records for the University Risk Management Office.
- For all assigned units, establishes priorities that align with the strategic directives of the university and departments as well as those of University of Wisconsin System Administration, Office of Risk Management and the Department of Administration, Bureau of State Risk Management.
- The Director of Risk Management provides direct supervision of Environmental Health and Safety Manager, and other assigned staff, and monitors departmental compliance with laws, regulations, policies and procedures, and relevant contractual obligations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational or Environmental Safety and Health, Safety Science, or other applicable field.
- Experience in occupational health and safety training.
- Strong supervisory, leadership, and personnel management skills to effectively direct, administer and manage through others, including knowledge of units’ organizational structure, development and evaluation
- Ability to exercise good judgment in making high-level management decisions and commitments
- Demonstrable knowledge of applicable Federal and State environmental, health and safety regulations (OSHA; EPA; WI DNR, DSPS, DHS, etc.).
- Ability to develop, implement and manage occupational health and safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to develop and conduct training programs.
- Ability to conduct thorough inspections/investigations and write detailed reports.
- Ability to analyze and create technical reports on safety and environmental issues
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent quantitative, speaking and writing skills.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant portal
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
- Letter of application addressing all required qualifications
- A current resume
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references
- Additional documents as needed
Posted: August 15, 2022
Environmental, Health and Safety Leader
TIDI Products, Neenah, WI
TIDI Products is a market leading manufacturing of disposable infection prevention products and patient safety products, headquartered in Neenah, WI. We have manufacturing and distribution facilities in Neenah, WI, Ontario, CA, Tijuana, MX and Changshu, CN. TIDI provides best in class products and service to major healthcare products distributors and users worldwide.
This position will be responsible for planning, leading, organizing, measuring and reporting EHS activities and systems for the Neenah, WI and Ontario, CA facility. This position will ensure the compliance to local, state, and federal guidelines pertaining to all aspects of health, safety, and environmental regulations. This person will ensure TIDI True North and related ideal behaviors are applied and improved daily, develop associates through continuously improving safety, quality, delivery, cost, and respect while providing excellent service to all customers, internal and external.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for planning, leading, organizing, measuring and reporting of all EHS system.
• Regularly inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices for compliance with internal policies & Government health and safety standards and regulations.
• Design and implement workplace processes and procedures that help protect Associates from potentially hazardous work conditions.
• Manage environmental compliance activities.
• Ensure EHS system meets the requirements established by the regulations and legislation of Municipal, State, and Federal agencies.
• Participate in development of internal policies and procedures related to EHS.
• Ensure accountability to regulations, legislation, and internal policies & procedures across the facility(s).
• Communicates internal policies, legislation, and regulations to personnel.
• Evaluate and determine safety training needs. Arrange for training as needed.
• Prepare Capital Budget Requests necessary for EHS.
• Monitor and control inventory and ordering of operating supplies required to maintain EHS.
• Coordinate evacuation drills & maintain inspections of safety and fire equipment
• Assume responsibility for contractor safety.
• Collaborate with other departments within the company to ensure EHS requirements are met
• Responsible for accurate and timely communication of relevant information.
• Investigate incidents to identify root cause and corrective/preventative measures, while educating others.
• Design and implement annual initiatives relating to safety and environmental improvements.
• Develops, administers, and trains all facility safety policies and programs to assure compliance with all OSHA regulations, while developing & maintaining curriculum.
• Collaborate with other TIDI Facilities as needed to assure alignment on overall compliance.
• Understands internal and external customers
• Assure a safe work environment
• Encourage individual development
• Demonstrates teamwork and flexibility/adaptability
• Demonstrates honesty
• Keep our commitments
• Think systemically and ensure constancy of purpose
• Lead with humility and respect every individual
• Focus on process, embrace scientific thinking, flow and pull value, assure quality at the source and seek perfection
• Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• 5 – 10 years’ related experience
• Relevant Certifications & Licenses
• Business classes or seminars
• Communication classes or seminars
• Leadership classes or seminars
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations under stress.
• Must have effective supervisory, planning and decision-making skills.
• Must have excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes, procedures, policies and safety requirements.
• Must have excellent knowledge of Industrial Safety, Federal, State, and Municipal EHS regulations.
• Keen appreciation of safety awareness.
• Must be able to deduce root cause for problems and establish robust corrective/preventative actions.
• Must be able to develop tactical and strategic plans that positively impact EHS for the facility(s).
• Must be able to demonstrate proficient project management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Power Point, OneNote.
• Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts.
• Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to analyze and write reports, ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and develop charts and graphs.
How to Apply
To learn more about TIDI Products and to apply on our board, please go to https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6095384.careers?CareersSearch or send resume directly to Corrie Hearn, firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: July 6, 2022
Safety Specialist – Mechanical
Hooper, DeForest, WI
Hooper Corporation is hiring a Safety Specialist to join our team for a construction safety role based out our campus in DeForest, WI. In this critical role, you will be responsible for ensuring safety and health compliance with applicable regulations and existing Hooper Corporation and client standards and contributing to an environment where employee, client, and contractor health and safety is preserved.
You will have the responsibility, authority, and knowledge necessary to develop and implement site-specific Safety Plans, monitor safety compliance, and audit safety performance at complex project sites. You should have experience that includes facility construction experience and capital project support for facility expansions. Experience with safety in a heating and air conditioning company would be very helpful as well.
Duties & Responsibilities
The role of the Safety Specialist responsible for Construction Safety at our client’s jobsite will be, but not limited to, as follows:
- Routinely monitor Hooper Corporation’s safety performance to verify that we are in compliance with Hooper Corporation and the client’s stated practices and procedures, regulatory requirements and any additional owner expectations/deliverables.
- Interface with and support the construction management team at the site by delivering current data on Hooper Corporation safety performance, including: trending, incident management, metrics, and other key information that enable construction management to make informed and timely decisions.
- Facilitate communications, including safety meetings and notices, to ensure relevant safety information is communicated on site and with Hooper Corporate safety department.
- Conduct regular site safety walks with the client safety management representative.
- Participate in site safety walks with client and other contractors as appropriate.
- When non-compliance and/or non-conformance is observed, immediately bring the issue to the attention of that individual and key stakeholders as appropriate.
- Participate in progress and schedule meetings.
- Attend client trainings, as requested.
- Evaluate/audit Site Specific Safety Plan to conformance to client and regulatory requirements.
- Understand and verify operational Safety requirements are adhered to.
- Support client initiatives as requested.
- Ensure appropriate level of PPE is available and being used as required, as well as proper maintenance and sanitation of PPE.
- Verify communication systems are in place.
- Participate in daily safety briefings with the project field team.
- Oversee that safety equipment is maintained; establish and execute decontamination procedures.
- Exercise the authority to stop work upon determination of an imminent safety hazard or potentially dangerous situation (e.g., weather conditions, or other changed conditions where this action is necessary).
- Exercise the authority to proceed with work after a stop-work order after receiving verification from Client Safety representative.
- Conduct safety observations/audits.
- Investigate and correct Incidents & Near Misses.
- Maintain records such as inspections, monitoring, incident and near miss investigations, etc.
- Complete and maintain required training, including:
- Bachelor Degree in occupational health, safety, or related discipline preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of full-time experience in project health & safety support and leadership.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in construction project safety and health leadership on capital projects will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Competency in OSHA requirements regarding Crane, Derrick and Hoist Safety.
- Competency in OSHA requirements regarding excavation standards at 29 CFR Part 1926, Subpart P.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST), Certified Safety Manager Construction (CSMC) or equivalent certifications preferred.
- Strong commitment to safety, including implementing strict Safety protocols.
- Completed training and certifications for OSHA 10, 30-hour construction preferred.
- Strong initiative (self-starter), problem-solving and communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license.
How to Apply
Apply online at https://hoopercorp.workbrightats.com/jobs/804558.html
Posted: July 6, 2022
Safety Specialist – Electric Power
Hooper, Eau Claire, Wausau or Madison Areas
Assists in planning, implementing, and supervising all field project related safety programs and policies. Qualified candidate will display exceptional leadership and communication skills to procure the highest level of cultural safety awareness throughout the organization. Overhead, Distribution and Transmission experience required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide unwavering leadership for safety in the organization; work to control and eliminate hazards of the working environment; support field crews in all aspects of safety, employee engagement in safety; and support the safety goals and objectives of the Company.
- Trains field personnel in OSHA and company policies and procedures.
- Conducts all aspects of new employee orientation and training programs for field employees.
- Participates with project management and field crews in pre-planning job site safety activities.
- Enforces safety policies to include advising on, and facilitating employee disciplinary actions as warranted.
- Conducts and documents site safety inspections to ensure compliance with safety and health programs; identifies unsafe working conditions; initiates corrective actions; completes detailed safety audit reports and distributes to appropriate parties.
- Conducts timely incident investigations and RCA (root cause accident) investigations as needed; files all appropriate reports and communicates with management as needed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the latest developments in construction industry safety field; develops safety training/education programs and implements those programs in a comprehensive and professional manner; documents training and education programs per Hooper Corporation system requirements.
- As required, acts as OSHA liaison to outside parties, insurance representatives, etc. Coordinates and facilitates regulator (OSHA) inspections to include preparation of written appeals in response to citations.
- Performs additional assignments as directed by the Safety Manager/Direct Supervisor.
- BS Degree in occupational safety/health or equivalent
- CPR/First Aid/AED Trainer
- OSHA 10/30 Construction Trainer and CUSP (Certified Utility Safety Professional) Desired by not mandatory
- One to five years Electric power construction or industrial safety experience with strong interest in safety field.
- Working knowledge and ability to enforce all federal, state, local and Company safety regulations. Knowledge of OSHA 1926.269 Subpart V Electrical Power Transmission & Distribution desired.
- Ability to recognize unsafe or hazardous working conditions and implement corrective measures as necessary.
- Strong interpersonal and group presentation skills required.
Description of physical working environment
- 80% field construction site work and 20% office environment; performs safety related tasks in all weather conditions.
- When in the office, regularly works from a sitting position with a computer. Repetitive typing and computer use required. Regular bending, twisting, and light lifting is common.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and steps, work on uneven ground, muddy/slippery and icy conditions
- Drive short, medium, and long distances.
- Travel with some overnight stays required.
- Extended or non-standard hours as required.
How To Apply
Apply online at: https://hoopercorp.workbrightats.com/jobs/809000.html
Please email job overview, in word format, to Barb Deans. Your posting will remain on our site for 6-8 weeks, unless a specific deadline is included. If you have questions, please contact the Wisconsin Safety Council at 608.661.6914. This service is free.
Please include the following:
- Job Title
- How to Apply (web link, email if applicable, etc.)