February 24, 2021
Environmental Health and Safety Manager (EHS)
Strattec Security Corp. – Milwaukee, WI
STRATTEC Security Corporation is one of the world’s largest suppliers providing access and security systems to the automotive market. This drives us to be an innovative company with the latest technology. STRATTEC creates exciting opportunities to people who like to work in an environment that challenges them to be creative, deal with multiple customers and projects, and research the latest technology. You will help STRATTEC to be a pioneer by working closely with the largest automotive customers in the world.
The EHS Manager role will lead the Milwaukee facility in all matters of health, safety and environmental covering manufacturing processes such as die casting, stamping, plating, waste water treatment, robotics, tooling and many other functional support teams. The EHS manager will proactively provide innovative common-sense EHS solutions, simplify & standardize EHS policies, and drive cost improvement initiatives with all items related to EHS. This leader will deliver best solutions ensuring associate safety, regulatory compliance and environmental sustainability.
- Hands-on leader that effectively monitors and methodically handles all regulatory correspondence, documentation, reporting, permitting, policy creation and certifications including ISO14001.
- Proactively and collaboratively identify, develop and deploy common-sense policy insuring associate health & safety and while maintaining OSHA regulation compliance.
- Develop EHS vision and deploy transformational change that includes improvements in EHS related technology, elimination of non-value added EHS business process steps, optimization of existing EHS related processes and standardization of EHS policy that reliably deliver high levels of safety, sustainability and associate satisfaction at the best cost.
- Align with key stakeholders to create policy and drive continuous improvement in environmental sustainability including initiatives such as recycling, universal waste reduction, net zero water discharge, hazardous waste elimination and accidental discharge risk reduction.
- Ensure regulatory compliance and associate safety by developing standardized new process and equipment design requirements and acceptance criteria ensuring consistency in the way manufacturing processes are engineered, documented and sustained.
- Administer worker’s compensation program by tracking, monitoring and reporting on all accidents, and occasionally working with the insurance providers to minimize lost time and excessive claims.
- Supervise Milwaukee facility security associates and security operations.
- Incident command and leader of HazMat and Accident Response Teams.
- Complete job safety analysis for all new equipment, chemicals and associate interface points.
- Represent STRATTEC in community or industry safety groups and programs.
- Ensure organization, storage and maintenance of health, safety and environmental files and records.
- Leverage lean concepts and industry benchmarks such as visual factory, standard work, error proofing, single piece flow, six sigma, kaizen, TPM and Industry 4.0 to simplify the organization and eliminate decisions in all things related to EHS.
This role will may have supervisory responsibilities for both salary and/or bargaining unit associates which will include interviewing, training, creating challenging objectives, planning/prioritizing work, appraising performance, providing constructive feedback, development and succession planning, and working with human resources to address all disciplinary/associate issues as necessary.
- Bachelor degree from technical discipline.
- 3-5 years experience with EHS oversight of hazardous chemicals and waste water treatment.
- Strong EHS background with emphasis in hands-on policy deployment, process improvement, new policy development, EHS training and correspondence with regulatory compliance entities.
- Understanding of handling hazardous waste, universal waste, HAZMAT, Accident First Response, Wastewater handling and containment and audit/corrective action.
- Prefer Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), WDNR Wastewater Operator Certification , CPR and advanced safety certifications.
- Able to collect, analyze & interpret data to develop insightful solutions, and present in clear & concise format while understanding the appropriate details for each audience.
- Strong knowledge of state and federal regulations, OHSA requirements, ISO14001 standards and relationship management.
- Ability to influence others thru good communication skills.
- The ability to manage projects and work in a team project environment.
How to Apply
The deadline to apply is March 25, 2021.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/Dob42os5ynxmsmz6FNdeD
February 17, 2021
Sargento – Wisconsin
With 2,000 employees and net sales of $1.4 billion, Sargento Foods is a family-owned company that has been a leader in cheese for more than 60 years. We created the world’s first, successful pre-packaged sliced and shredded natural cheeses. Sargento is based in Plymouth, Wisconsin, where we manufacture and market shredded, sliced and snack natural cheese products, as well as ingredients and sauces. Sargento is known for the exceptional quality of our products and for product design, packaging and merchandising innovations that have transformed our industry.At Sargento, you work for a company you believe in, with a family of people who believe in you. Our culture stems from a simple premise: Hire good people and treat them like family. At Sargento, you can make decisions based on how they affect people as well as the long-term health of our company. You will be encouraged to make a meaningful difference in the community, in the company and in your career. With diverse experiences and tools to learn and develop, you can transform your aspirations into reality. If you’re ready for the right place to belong and grow your career, you can find it here.
- Coordinate and implement organization safety program to ensure safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment
- Responsible for maintaining OSHA regulatory compliance and continuous improvement of occupational safety results
- Manage Incident Management software system
- Develop reports to management, for use at monthly Safety Committee meetings, Safety Steering Committee meetings and Executive Dashboard
- Implement accident-prevention and loss-control systems and programs
- Coordinate and conduct safety programs on all shifts
- Train managers, employees, and outside contractors on work site safety practices
- Manage programs for fire prevention, correct handling of chemicals, toxins and equipment, ergonomic issues, emergency response planning and training, and other safety issues required by OSHA
- Assist engineering and operations with Process Safety Management (PSM) compliance and training
- Prepare studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazard to health for us by company personnel and outside agencies
- Maintain and prepare OSHA 300 logs
- Coach and communicate with management in effective ways to enforce safety policies and motivate employees to behave in a safe manner
- Lead the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperate in gathering information and the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Safety Professional-Bachelor Degree (B.S.) in Occupational Safety and Health or similar, plus a minimum of one to three years safety experience
- Safety Professional-Bachelor Degree (B.S.) in Occupational Safety and Health or similar, plus a minimum of three to five years safety experience
- Working knowledge of ammonia refrigeration systems safety and PSM a plus.
- Other professional safety or industrial hygiene certifications preferred.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) – preferred but not required.
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to travel between Sargento locations
- Ability to work on all shifts as needed for training purposes, role is primarily first shift
- Highly developed MS Office Suite skills, especially Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret government regulations
- Ability to write reports and procedure manuals
- Understanding of food safety standards, employee safety standards, sanitary guidelines, quality tools, and current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Ability to keep accurate and legible records and handle confidential information.
- Communicate information professionally and in accordance with policies and procedures.
How to Apply
To apply please visit www.careers.sargento.com
Please email job overview, in word format, to Barb Deans. Your posting will remain on our site for 6-8 weeks, unless a specific deadline is included. If you have questions, please contact the Wisconsin Safety Council at 608.661.6914. This service is free.
Please include the following:
- Job Title
- How to Apply