Posted: July 27, 2021
Health, Safety and Environment Specialist
Valmet Inc., Waukesha
As part of the Valmet Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) team, there is a new role waiting for you to bring your best and integrate HSE into the business.
The purpose of the Local HSE Specialist is to manage and deliver the effective and efficient provision of standardized HSE services and functional support to all Valmet operations in Valmet’s Waukesha, Wisconsin location. Additionally, to support and develop effective local HSE management and a strong safety culture to support business objectives, including fulfilment of legal, customer and Group requirements, for all operations in the location. The successful candidate will also drive manager ownership and leadership of the system and culture and drive employee participation in Valmet’s HSE culture.
You will work closely with local managers and employees, the other HSE professionals in the North America organization, the local Quality Manager, local HR and local Occupational Health Services.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Act as the local HSE specialist for delivering HSE services and functional support to all Valmet operations in the location.
• Coordinate and implement the Global HSE processes and develop additional needed location specific HSE procedures.
• Manage internal and external HSE issues in the location and communicate with relevant stakeholders.
• Assure the quality of the internally and externally shared local HSE-related documentation.
• Identify HSE risks and opportunities and propose and communicate solutions to the stakeholders in the location.
• Co-ordinate and facilitate local HSE related training programs for Valmet employees and external workers.
• Assist managers in the conduct of HSE hazard and risk assessments for normal and abnormal operations as well as when operation changes are planned.
• Lead local incident investigation, root cause analyses and corrective action implementation in the Location.
• Co-ordinate regular environmental aspect and impact identification for local operations.
• Ensure local HSE compliance by local law register and by regular compliance evaluations as well as implementing an annual compliance calendar in the location.
• Plan and deliver local HSE communication for the location.
• Participate as HSE specialist in local HSE committee.
• Represent location in Country/Area HSE team and participate in associated workgroups, tasks and programs.
• Manage customer information requests regarding HSE in the location.
• Regularly analyze and assess the needs, gaps and opportunities in Location HSE performance as input to reviews, target setting, plans and preventive initiatives and actions.
• Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting on Location HSE performance status.
• Ensure regulatory, as well as Valmet HSE record-keeping and reporting requirements are met in the Location.
• Manage CSM environmental reporting database and lead location reporting of environment KPI’s.
• Act as a Spotlight key user for HSE event, Risk and Audit management solution in Location.
• Act as the point of contact for the GMS certification management in the location for ISO 14001 and 45001 including implementation of expansion roadmap, audit management and global learnings.
• Co-ordinate and perform internal and other HSE audits & inspections as per annual Valmet, Area and local planning in location & on project and service sites.
You should have prior experience within a Health, Safety, and Environment role, and a demonstrated understanding of laws and regulations related to safety. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience is also required. Candidates should have excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail as well as an ability to coordinate with others and work in both a team and individual capacity.
How to Apply
Apply online at: https://valmet.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Waukesha/HSE-Specialist_R12761
Deadline to apply is August 15, 2021
Posted: July 5, 2021
Human Resources Safety & Wellness Coordinator
City of Janesville
Duties & Responsibilities
The City of Janesville, located in south-central Wisconsin, is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Human Resources Safety and Wellness Coordinator in its Human Resources Office. This full-time, exempt position assists and performs responsible work in the management of the City’s safety programs to identify, evaluate, prevent, and mitigate exposures of loss to employees and property of the City and promote occupational health and safety awareness. This position also leads the City’s Wellness Program to coordinate, plan, facilitate, and evaluate health and wellness activities and programs for employees. Work is performed within the framework of established procedures, policies, rules, and regulations under the direction of the Human Resources Director.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in public administration, occupational health, health promotion, industrial safety, safety-related field, or human resources and one (1) year experience in the development or administration of safety programs, wellness related field, or human resources is required. Previous instructor’s experience is preferred.
How to Apply
Individuals interested in applying can submit their application on the City’s website at www.ci.janesville.wi.us. Candidates should also include a cover letter, resume, and references with their application. This position will remain open until August 1, 2021.
Posted: July 5, 2021
Occupational Safety and Training Manager
University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
The Department of University Safety and Assurances (US&A) seeks an Occupational Safety and Training Manager. This is a permanent Non-Instructional Academic Staff position.
The Occupational Safety and Training Manager provides professional expertise to the University through performance of university-wide environmental health, safety, and emergency programs development and training for facilities, research, academic, auxiliary, laboratory, shop, studio, and general work operations to guide faculty, staff, students, and visitors to be safe when working near hazards or hazardous conditions including chemical or physical agents by conducting hazard assessments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop University-wide environmental health and safety programs based on regulations, standards, best practices, and hazard assessments.
- Audit the effectiveness of the Department Safety Programs and provide constructive feedback to departments, administration, and other groups to improve and enhance their safety programs.
- Develop and monitor metrics to evaluate programs and support feedback and reports to administrators.
- Establish, participate in, and/or manage safety committees, including the recruitment and training of committee members and other safety partners.
- Conduct duties as the subject matter expert for the campus on issues, inquiries, and challenges related to safety compliance.
- Design, develop, facilitate, and maintain educational environmental health, safety, and emergency management programs for researchers, faculty, staff, students, Building Chairs, and all new employees based on environmental health and safety programs and procedures, hazard assessments, emergency procedures, and required certification programs.
- Utilize different methods of delivery to reach stakeholders- in-person, online, virtual, and other means to disseminate educational materials.
- Coordinate and conduct trainings for stakeholders while meeting required timelines for compliance. Utilize online learning management system.
- Manage and conduct hazard assessments for shop areas, office environments, campus buildings and facilities, and auxiliary operations.
- Recognize, evaluate, and recommend controls for areas with potential physical, chemical or other hazardous agents, and mechanical exposures.
- Provide feedback reports and training opportunities for administrators, faculty, researchers, staff and students regarding hazards, the effectiveness and limitations of various means of controls, and recommendations for best practices.
- Provide coverage for industrial hygiene monitoring studies, including conducting noise and air monitoring and respiratory protection fit testing.
Incident Response and Investigation
- Investigate incidents and “near misses” and evaluate corrective actions taken.
- Recommend additional methods to prevent reoccurrences of similar incidents.
- Assist with management of the Post Offer Pre-Employment (POPE) program, including return to work applications associated with the program.
Emergency Management and Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP)
- Coordinate emergency preparedness drills (such as fire and tornado drills) and exercises.
- Participate in and support emergency response planning, committees, and procedures development including maintenance of the Emergency Operations Plan in collaboration with the Police Department.
- Plan and conduct US&A annual COOP exercises and support Facilities Planning and Management (FPM) units with their COOP planning.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional work experience in occupational health and safety compliance, industrial hygiene, emergency management, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing environmental health and safety (EHS) programs and delivering effective and engaging EHS training programs.
- Demonstrated experience in the risk assessment process i.e., conducting inspections/investigations, report writing, hazard assessment and mitigation techniques, and controls.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting federal, state, and local standards and regulations pertaining to occupational health and safety and fire and life safety and applying them to workplace situations.
- Ability to wear various forms of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Demonstrated ability to travel using one’s own means or via institution transportation as necessary to ensure prompt response to accidents, incidents and inspections at the various locations.
Highly qualified candidates will also have
- Higher education experience in a safety-related discipline.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or related safety certification.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Health, Industrial Hygiene, Public Health, Emergency Management, or related discipline.
- Experience implementing electronic training courses through a learning management system (LMS).
- Demonstrated experience managing an industrial hygiene program and performing assessments including sampling indoor air quality and other exposure monitoring utilizing specialized instruments.
- Fall Protection Competent Person Training
- Confined Space Competent Person Training
- Forklift and/or Aerial Lift Train-the-Trainer
- More than 3 years of experience in occupational health and safety, industrial hygiene, emergency management, or related fields.
How to Apply
Interested individuals can apply online at: https://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/31052
Deadline to apply: July 30, 2021 (Continuous recruitment until filled)
Posted: June 28, 2021
Sr. Safety Coordinator
Kewaunee Fabrications LLC., Kewaunee, WI
Duties & Responsibilities
• Interface with safety teams and attend weekly team meets as a safety resource
• Dotted line accountability for health services and worker compensation claims management staff
• Investigate and report incidents and accidents regarding safety. Report on accident data utilizing a computer database to track trends and injury rates. Use this information to develop current and future loss control strategies and implement corrective actions to prevent similar incidents/injuries
• Assist in the development, implementation, and administration of safety training and accident prevention methods and carry them out according to company programs and policies
• Ensure enforcement of OSHA regulations and company safety policies and any disciplinary actions that may be necessary
• Administer the DOT compliance program for Oshkosh Corporation drivers
• Develop and attain personal goals based upon key areas of responsibility
• Develop positive relationships with local, state, and federal agencies and outside specialists/organizations to enhance the credibility of the company’s health and safety programs Complete job assessments including ergonomics and machine safety/guarding and required periodic inspections of PPE, lockout tagout procedures, AEDs, eyewashes, etc
• Execute timely coordination and communications in all areas internal and external to our business. Must periodically present safety information to senior and executive management.
• Participate or lead other special projects or assignments as assigned by supervisor
• Recommend plan for budgets and capital expenditures for safety-related issues in relating to the manufacturing process
• Maintain a safety atmosphere in order to promote safe work practices and a positive safety culture
• Use professional safety tools/knowledge such as ergonomics, management skills, industrial hygiene, presentation skills, etc. to convey and improve safety at Oshkosh Corporation
• Position will require handling of highly confidential safety and medical information
• Manage return-to-work program and assist with workers compensation claim activity. Potentially represent the company in litigation of safety/worker compensation issues
• Lead continuous improvement projects for safety and health services departments including ergonomics, lean activities, cost savings, etc
• Consults with all levels of management including manufacturing managers, plant managers, coordinators, etc., the Occupational Health Nurse, the Claims manager, Union representatives and employees, Engineering and outside services including local, state, and federal agencies
• Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health or related field
- 3-plus years experience in the safety field in a Union-staffed manufacturing setting
- Ability to assertively and efficiently multitask and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate safety information to all audiences
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, e-mail systems, and other advanced computer programs
- Must be able to work a semi-flexible schedule including possible hours on 2nd and 3rd shift on short notice, or staggered shift for extended periods of time
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time
How to Apply
Posted: June 14, 2021
Corporate Safety Manager
Foremost Farms, Baraboo, WI
Are you up for the challenge of helping Foremost Farms become the safest dairy operation in the world! To support this focus area, Foremost Farms is seeking a passionate and innovative Corporate Safety Manager to join our team. In this position, the Corporate Safety Manager will be responsible for providing support to our network of processing plants and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. The Corporate Safety Manager will be responsible for instructing and training our plant leaders in Foremost policies and assisting the Operations teams in incorporating our standards at their site. A successful Corporate Safety Manager will demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the operations team and inspire change.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide strategic leadership to guide the development and execution of Foremost Farms’ safety program
• Provide leadership and direction in all areas of risk assessment, safety and loss prevention, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, regulatory compliance, security and emergency response plans.
• Lead projects of significant scope to include safety culture and management of change program initiatives.
• Champion the company safety council and mentor operational safety committees.
• Develop leading safety metrics to identify actionable safety targets and incident root cause solutions.
• Leverage lessons learned and develop continuous improvement safety programs.
• Provide safety service, technical leadership solutions, programs, best practices and technical guidance to business management and operational functions to effectively and efficiently manage compliance assurance and safety management plan(s).
• Implement training programs to support and strengthen operational processes and employees.
• Manage audit programs, and ensure programs continuously evolve and are implemented effectively.
• Function in a safety leadership role for occupational and government agency enforcement actions, regulatory proposals, permitting issues and negotiations.
• Manage multiple sites through corporate presence and remotely.
• Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records and documents.
• Timely and accurate completion of duties.
• Frequent travel for work, up to 70% of the time.
How to Apply
Please visit our website at www.foremostfarms.com
Please email job overview, in word format, to Barb Deans. Your posting will remain on our site for 6-8 weeks, unless a specific deadline is included. If you have questions, please contact the Wisconsin Safety Council at 608.661.6914. This service is free.
Please include the following:
- Job Title
- How to Apply