Upcoming Public Trainings:
This re-envisioned Principles of Occupational Safety and Health course (POSH 4th Edition) takes advantage of the most cutting-edge learning technology and adult learning principles. You’ll come away from the brand-new, four-day classroom program with a solid foundation in occupational safety and health — a big first-step up the ladder in safety management. POSH represents best practices in safety training to be mimicked in your own organization.
Experienced safety professionals can brush up on all that’s new in safety management through engaging, technology-enabled training, case studies, simulations, group activities, electronic pre- and post-testing and networking. All-new modules include Fit for Duty, Vehicle Safety, and Slip, Trip and Fall Prevention.
What You Will Learn
- Technology-enabled classroom training for an immersive learning experience and real-world work outputs you can leverage back on the job
- Real-world case study; participants are employees of “Agrichemical,” a fictional company that experiences safety issues
- Networking opportunities with attendees from other organizations and with varying levels of experience
- Electronic pre-test and polling to gauge participant knowledge allowing the facilitator to adjust course content
- Large group activities
- Small group interactions
This course exceeds the requirements of ANSI/ASSP 2490.1 Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health and Environmental Training and leverages components of the new ANSI/ASSP 2490.2 Criteria for Accepted Practices in Online Safety, Health and Environmental Training.
In addition, attendees will leave the course with a detailed gap analysis of their company’s safety and health program and action plans that can be reviewed with their site management and organization.
Completion of POSH qualifies you to pursue the NSC Advanced Safety Certificate, a nationally recognized safety program that sharpens your safety and leadership skills so you can drive fundamental safety change throughout your organization.
Who Should Attend?
This course is ideal for new safety professionals, individuals seeking career development, and an excellent refresher for experienced safety professionals. Specific roles that will benefit from this course include:
- Those new to safety or with newly appointed safety responsibilities
- Those desiring a crash course in the fundamentals of occupational safety and health
- Safety team leaders
- Safety consultants
- Purchasers of safety training for large groups of safety practitioners
- Training developers of safety content
- Training designers who need technical safety knowledge to develop safety and health content
- Insurance underwriters or consultants for insurers or insurance brokers
- Anyone else with safety and health responsibilities in an organization
Why Should You Attend?
You’ll go beyond the basics of compliance to learn best practices that help prevent injuries and related costs. You’ll also learn how to gain management’s support for your efforts and learn applications that you’ll use throughout your safety career. For individuals on a career path in safety, this program provides a clear roadmap and best-in-class education to meet many industry-leading certification requirements.
Location (classes held in person only)
501 E. Washington Ave.
Madison, WI 53703
Regular Price $1,750
Discounted Member $1,395
Course fee includes over $350 worth of reference materials, including Accident Prevention Manual (12th Ed.)/Administration & Programs; Accident Prevention Manual (12th Ed.)/Engineering & Technology; Injury Facts CD-ROM; and Resource CD.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend this course and earn 2.6 CEUs from the Wisconsin Safety Council.
Homework prior to attending the course. Download and complete the forms prior to the class start date.
In an effort to make your training experience meaningful, as well as applicable in the workplace, you are asked to come to this course prepared to discuss the following: short background about your organization; safety and health procedures/practices, etc. with the organization; safety and health hazards that exist; and how hazards are or are not resolved.
Please complete the following pre-course activity relating to safety and health within your organization. Once completed, ask your supervisor to sign the form. Bring the completed and signed form to class. Your responses will be confidential.
- Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
- Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!
- Cancellation and substitution policy
To schedule a private training of this course or any other for your company, please contact us at 608.258.3400 or firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and availability.