This course is designed to meet the initial training requirement for individuals who will serve at the First Responder Operations Level to a release of Hazardous Materials under the Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response standard (29 CFR 1910.12). Over the course of the 8 hour session, individuals will learn how to respond to hazardous material spill defensively to prevent the spread and exposures to the hazardous substance being released.
This course also meets the annual refresher training for all other Hazardous Materials roles.
- Basic hazard and risk assessment techniques
- Selection and use of proper personal protective equipment provided to first responder operational level
- Basic hazardous material terms
- Performance of basic control, containment and/or confinement operations
- Implementing basic decontamination procedures
Who Should Attend
The workshop is geared toward hazardous materials technicians, safety professionals or other individuals responsible for responding to a hazardous material release.
Why You Should Attend
Individuals looking to be a First Responder Operations Level per 29 CFR 1910.120 or who will be involved in a spill response team should attend this training.
Regular Price: $450
Discounted Member: $350
Course materials included.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend this course and earn .70 CEUs from the Wisconsin Safety Council.
- Training program discount
- Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
- Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!
- Cancellation and substitution policy
- Training registration forms
To schedule a private of this course, please contact us at 608.258.3400 or firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and availability.