While compliance with OSHA regulations is a great starting point for organizations, those regulations do not necessarily address each and every potential hazard employees may face. Having thoroughly-completed Job Safety Analyses (JSAs) completed for each task performed for a given job helps organizations uncover hazards that may have been overlooked during the layout of a plant; the design of machinery, equipment, tools, workstations and processes; or the development of work instructions for each job within the organization. While completing JSAs can be a simple process, they can also be very time-consuming to complete. Our WSC safety managers can work with your employees to develop comprehensive JSAs, providing a time-savings to organizations which they can reallocate to other areas of business.
What Is Included With This Service?
Items included with the Standard JSA service package include:
- Consultation time with your employees to learn about their jobs, the hazards associated with their various tasks, and the current control methods in place to protect against said hazards
- Hazard rankings identified to help you pinpoint high-risk areas and prioritize your safety efforts
- Review and/or completion of OSHA’s required Personal Protective Equipment hazard assessment
- Written documentation completed and provided to you for each JSA*
We also have the ability to train your staff onsite on JSA completion! Our JSA Training service package includes:
- A one-day JSA course with your selected employees (separate course description provided upon request)
- One or two days spent with employees conducting JSAs at your facility:
- Step One: employees shadow WSC safety manager completing JSA interviews
- Step Two: employees conducting JSA interviews, receive feedback/coaching from WSC safety manager
- Steph Three: employees and WSC safety manager work together on hazard rankings and filling out documentation*
*We can utilize a JSA template you already have in place, or we can create a template tailored to your organization’s needs.
Who Would Benefit From This Service?
Both services are ideal for any organization looking for a systematic approach proven to help identify all hazards associated with the tasks their employees perform throughout each day.
Those companies wishing to meet/exceed safety standards, improve communication within the workplace, develop effective teaching aids and prevent hazardous conditions at their workplace should strongly consider the Standard JSA service.
Companies wanting to complete JSAs on their own and need skills developed in order to do so should strongly consider the JSA Training service.
Why Should You Want This Service?
Preventing injuries and illnesses isn’t just good for your employees, it’s good for your business, too. By having JSAs completed for all jobs within your organization, you have the information needed to review the various tasks and determine different methods that can be used to eliminate or drastically reduce hazard exposure to your employees. As an added bonus, this process also encourages employee involvement, which usually leads to high employee morale. The end result: positive employees with increased productivity and efficiency, better quality of products and services, and a higher sense of individual ownership with your safety program.
For questions or to schedule this service, please contact WSC at 608-258-3400 and email@example.com.