Wisconsin Safety Council has the right to make rules and regulations or changes in arrangements as necessary, and to amend as needed. Wisconsin Safety Council shall have the final determination and enforcement of all rules, regulations, conditions and floor plan. WSC has the right to deny booth applications.
Each exhibitor agrees to be responsible for regulations pertaining to health, fire prevention and public safety while participating in the Exhibition. All exhibits must comply with the laws and regulations of the city and state in which the exhibit is held. The person whose signature appears on the Exhibitor Application Form agrees to inform all on-site booth personnel and Exhibitor Appointed Contractors of the show guidelines.
Wisconsin Safety Council may cancel without refund any exhibit space for non- compliance with the terms, conditions and regulations of this contract or for nonpayment of rent. Further, the Wisconsin Safety Council reserves the right to not assign exhibit space to the Exhibitor and, thereby, terminate any obligation of the Exhibitor and the Wisconsin Safety Council under this contract, in which case, the Wisconsin Safety Council will so notify the Exhibitor and refund any payments made by the Exhibitor under this contract.
Exhibitor agrees to maintain insurance that will fully protect Wisconsin Safety Council and Kalahari Resorts and the O.S.C. from any and all claims of any nature whatsoever, including claims under worker’s compensation, and for personal injury, including death, which may arise in connection with the installation, operation or dismantling of the exhibitor’s display. Exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Wisconsin Safety Council, Kalahari Resorts and O.S.C. from any such claims.
Wisconsin Safety Council will not be liable for failure to hold the exhibition as scheduled. Payments for exhibit space will be refunded in that event. Any actual expenses incurred in connection with the Exhibition will be deducted if the Exhibition is canceled ninety (90) days or less prior to the opening date because of fire, or any act of God, or the public enemy, or strike, or epidemic or any law, or regulation, or public authority, which makes it impossible or impractical to hold the Exhibition.
The Exhibitor assumes all responsibility for any and all loss, theft or damage to Exhibitor’s displays, equipment and other property while on the Kalahari Resort and Convention Center premises, and hereby waives any claim or demand it may have against the Kalahari Resort and Convention Center or its affiliates arising from such loss, theft or damage. In addition, the Exhibitor agrees to defend (if requested), indemnify and hold harmless the Wisconsin Safety Council and the Kalahari Resort and Convention Center and their respective parents, subsidiary and other related or affiliated companies from and against any liabilities, obligations, claims, damages, suits, costs and expenses including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and costs arising from or in connection with the Exhibitor’s occupancy and use of the Exhibition premises or any part thereof or any negligent act, error or omission of the Exhibitor or its employees, subcontractors or agents.
Booth space will be offered first to Sponsors, and then assigned in the order applications are received. Wisconsin Safety Council shall have the sole right to determine the eligibility of exhibits, including, but not limited to: Companies, products, systems, services, booth graphics, printed matter distributed at the conference, souvenirs, giveaways, costumes and booth personnel attire, and all other exhibition features and activities.
Application must be accompanied with full payment.
Cancellation of space must be submitted in writing. Exhibitors, who cancel on or before February 25, 2022, will receive a refund, less a $300 service charge. Cancellations received after February 25, 2022, will receive a refund equal to one-half of the booth fee.
Exhibitor canceling after March 25, 2022 is obligated and agrees to pay the total cost of the assigned booth space. Wisconsin Safety Council reserves the right to resell any booth space cancelled by an exhibitor.
USE OF SPACE
No Exhibitor may assign, sublet or apportion his or her space in whole or in part, nor exhibit any products or services other than those manufactured or handled in the normal course of his business, nor permit any agent or any exhibiting firm to solicit business in his or her space. Distribution of advertising materials is limited to the area of each exhibit space.
RELOCATION OF EXHIBITS
The Wisconsin Safety Council reserves the right to alter locations of Exhibitors or of booths as shown on the official floor plan at its sole discretion, if deemed advisable in the best interests of the show.
Exhibitor agrees not to dismantle the exhibit or do any packaging before the close of the show. Violations will result in exclusion from future Wisconsin Safety Council Exhibitions.
OFFICIAL SERVICE CONTRACTOR
The O.S.C. will receive and deliver materials to the exhibit booth. Please refer to the Material Handling & Shipping portion of the Service Kit for complete information. O.S.C. will have complete control of all dock and loading facilities and will provide all rigging, labor and equipment.
INSTALLATION & DISMANTLING OF EXHIBITS
The Official Service Contractor will receive and deliver materials to the exhibit booth. Please refer to the Material Handling & Shipping portion of the Service Kit for complete information. O.S.C. provides services to the exhibitors for electrical, telephone, security, cleaning, drayage and rigging, no other exhibit service vendors are permitted. Exhibitor Appointed Contractors will work with the O.S.C. Exhibitor agrees to have set-up completed one hour prior to show opening.
ADMISSION OF EXHIBITORS / ATTENDEES / GUESTS / CHILDREN
Wisconsin Safety Council requires a conference badge for everyone who enters the Exhibition Hall. Security will enforce this requirement during move-in, show hours and move-out. Children under the age of 18 will not be permitted in the Exhibition Hall.
Any type of hospitality suite or event or private function scheduled by an exhibitor or sponsor, held either on site at the Kalahari Resort or any other venue, may not begin until the conference and exhibition has closed officially for that day and shall not conflict with any other conference activity. Sponsored hospitality suites must discontinue food, drink and/or entertainment at 10 p.m. when held in sleeping room areas of the hotels in the Wisconsin Safety Council Housing Block. Any violations may result in exclusion from future Wisconsin Safety Council exhibitions and speaking opportunities of the company’s employees.
DEMOS AND ENTERTAINMENT
Exhibitors using costumed persons or models as part of the exhibit agree that such personnel’s appearance and dress are not offensive. Any type of entertainment must be confined to the booth area and will not be allowed in the aisles. Live animals are prohibited, with the exception of guide and service animals. Helium balloons may not be distributed in the Kalahari Resort and Convention Center. However, helium balloons may be used if permanently attached with approval of Kalahari Resort and Convention Center.
- Exhibitors may not dispense food and/or beverages of any kind, including bottled water, without permission from Kalahari Resort and Wisconsin Safety Council. Contact Kalahari Representative Ashley Nelson, 608.254.3295, for specific details and approval forms.
- Food and/or beverages purchased outside of the Kalahari Resort may not be brought into or consumed within the Kalahari Resort.
- Kalahari Resort is solely licensed to sell and/or dispense alcoholic beverages. Kalahari Resort enforces Wisconsin and Wisconsin Dells Laws.
NOISE & LIGHTING
Amplified music or vocal presentations are permitted if not audible in neighboring booths including those on either side, back-to-back or across the aisle. Blinking or flashing lights that are distracting to neighboring exhibitors on either side, behind the booth or across the aisle are not allowed. No exceptions will be allowed. Show management shall exercise total control of this regulation and will ask that the exhibitor discontinue the distraction if objectionable to neighboring booths.
Canvassing in any part of Kalahari Resort outside of your exhibit space or of the hotels in the Wisconsin Safety Council Housing Block is strictly prohibited. Any person doing so will be requested to discontinue canvassing immediately. Circulars, catalogs, magazines, invitations, folders and signs may be displayed or distributed only in the exhibitor’s booth and must be related strictly to the approved products and/or services on display.
Selling of any products from the booth is not permitted.
BOOTH REGULATIONS, BOOTH DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION
- Standard booth height is 8 feet
- Requests for height variance must be in writing no later than 60 days in advance of the exhibition and accompanied by a booth drawing or photo showing measurements.
- Each exhibitor must have a “fair” sight line from the aisle — regardless of the size of the exhibit.
- Unfinished portions of a booth are to be draped at the exhibitor’s expense.
- Equipment, such as monitors, etc., over 4 feet high and within 10 feet of another booth will be placed in the back 5 feet of the booth.
- All booths must accommodate and be accessible and in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- All electrical equipment must be in good operable condition and able to pass inspection.
- No fixture or equipment will be placed where it will block the sight of another exhibitor unless mutually agreed upon by the exhibiting companies on-site contacts.
- Booth space must be left in the same condition as it was at the time of occupancy. Any material left in the booth that requires additional cleaning or large amounts of materials removed will be billed to the exhibitor.
- Aisles and exits shall be kept clean and free of obstructions.
- Nothing may be stored behind booths. Empty packing containers, wrapping or display materials must be removed from the exhibit hall.
- Detail plans of multi-level or enclosed booths must be submitted to O.S.C. no less than two months prior to move-in.
- Ceiling clearance varies from 24 feet to 26 feet. Contact Kalahari Representative Ashley Nelson, 608.254.3295 for specific details.
- Booth plans must specify maximum number of occupants, and have structural engineer’s stamp certifying that the platforms can bear the maximum occupant load.
- Only non-combustible materials or fire- retardant wood may be used for exhibit scenery and props.
- All curtains, drapes, carpet, carpet padding and decorative materials supplied by the exhibitor must be flame-retardant or sprayed with a flame-retardant.
- Nothing may be taped, tacked, nailed or in any way affixed to any interior or exterior surface of the Kalahari Resort.
- Glitter and adhesive-backed decals are strictly prohibited.
- Exhibitors are responsible for removal of booth-marking tape, carpet tape and tape residue left on floors. Exhibitor accepts all labor and material charges for lack of proper removal.
- Wisconsin Safety Council, O.S.C. and Kalahari Resort inspects all exhibits to ensure compliance.
- Prohibited: open flame lighting devices, flammable liquids, propane and butane or liquefied petroleum gas.
- A certificate of fire retardation must be on hand within an exhibit as proof of any flame retardant treatment.
- Fire regulations require all display material used for decoration to be made of flame retardant or non-combustible materials.
NAME BADGE REQUIREMENT
Every person must wear a badge to enter the Exhibit Hall and while on the show floor. Temporary badges will be issued to individuals assisting during move-in, move-out or before or after show hours.
- Kalahari Resort requires prior written approval for any rigging installation that exceeds the limit of 250 lbs.
- Only the O.S.C. and Kalahari Resort are authorized to rig with the facility.
- Exhibitors requiring rigging must submit plans to Kalahari Resort and O.S.C. not less than 60 days before move-in.
All connections to the electrical circuits in the Kalahari Resort and Convention Center must be made through O.S.C. Fees for electrical services are located within the exhibitor kit.
FREIGHT DELIVERIES & MOVING EQUIPMENT
- The Kalahari Resort cannot accept freight shipments or packages for exhibitors, show management or its contractors at any time.
- Freight must be consigned through the O.S.C.
- The Kalahari Resort does not provide carts, dollies, pallet jacks, labor, etc. for exhibitors’ use.
DRAWINGS & PRIZES
Any Exhibitor conducting a drawing or offering prizes is responsible for complying with state law regulating and prohibiting lotteries and gambling. Nothing in this contract permits the use of exhibit space to conduct any illegal lottery or other prohibited gambling. The Exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Wisconsin Safety Council, its officers, agents and employees from and against any and all charges, claims, demands, suits, proceedings, actions or prosecutions alleging violations of any law or liability for penalties, forfeitures, fines, losses, damages, expenses, costs and disbursements, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, for any other relief and for attorneys’ fees and expenses incurred by the Wisconsin Safety Council, sustained as the result of the Exhibitor’s conduct of any drawing or offering a prize.
The Kalahari Resort and Convention Center is a tobacco-free building. Smoking is prohibited in the Resort and Convention Center at all times.
Perimeter security coverage of the exhibit hall will be furnished from move-in and through move-out of the exhibition. Exhibitors are responsible for the security of their booth and for any loss or damage to their property at all times. Wisconsin Safety Council, O.S.C. and Kalahari Resort are not liable for any loss or damage of materials. Should any loss occur, report the incident to Security immediately. Wisconsin Safety Council, the facility management, or any officers or staff members will not be responsible for the safety or the property of the participants from theft, damage by fire, accident or other causes.