Upcoming Public Trainings:
Part of the Supervisor Safety Certificate, and the Advanced Safety Certificate
The National Safety Council’s Incident Investigation course focuses on techniques for gathering complete, accurate and objective incident data, establishing root causes, reporting findings and determining corrective action. Discussion, demonstrations and exercises will cover investigation and interview techniques. Participants learn how to uncover the who, what, why, when and how of each incident, and how to analyze data to prevent injuries, property damage and financial losses.
Our 1-day course will cover a variety of topics, including:
- How to determine which incidents warrant investigation
- How to use effective investigation and interviewing techniques to gather complete, objective and accurate data
- How to analyzing incidents to identify root causes
- The human relations aspects of incident reporting
- What data to include in investigation reports
- Hazard control measures and follow-up
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for all levels of management, safety practitioners, safety committee members and individuals responsible for investigating incidents.
Why Should You Attend?
By learning how to effectively conduct incident investigations, you will be able to develop solutions with your employees that will help prevent such incidents reoccurring in the workplace. A thorough incident investigation process also allows for employee collaboration, which bolsters employee confidence, improves employee morale, and positively impacts the overall safety culture in your workplace.
Registration/Networking: 8:30 – 8:30 am
Course: 8:30 am – 4:30 p.m.
Lunch: 12:00p.m.-1:00p.m. on your own
*Classes will be held in person and virtually. For those attending via Zoom, a link will be sent to you at a later date*
501 E. Washington Ave
Madison, WI 53703
Regular Price: $450
Discounted Member: $350
Course materials included.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend this course and earn .65 CEUs from the Wisconsin Safety Council.
- Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
- Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!
- Cancellation and substitution policy
To schedule a private training of this course or any other for your company, please contact us at 608.258.3400 or email@example.com for pricing and availability.