Upcoming Public Trainings:
The National Safety Council’s Safety Training Methods (STM) course provides a solid understanding of needs analysis, performance objectives, instructional strategy and methods, content, delivery evaluation and costs, so you can make educated decisions about the safety training needs for your workforce. This four-day training is challenging and interactive. It combines instructor-led training with group and independent activities, providing an opportunity to apply concepts to a variety of safety and health scenarios. This course will cover all the issues you’ll likely face as the person responsible for safety training.
Learn how to plan, organize, create and deliver performance-based safety training that truly engages employees and improves your organization’s safety practices. Topics reviewed during the course will include:
- How to complete a training needs analysis
- How to plan and design a training program applicable to your work environment
- The five phases of the performance-based training process
- Strategies and methods that address adult learning needs
- How to identify training and non-training solutions for safety and health issues in your workplace
- How to calculate direct and indirect training costs
- Techniques for selecting, designing and using media
- Facilitation skills to manage a challenging audience and make training meaningful
Who Should Attend?
Our STM course is designed for individuals who are responsible for safety training in their organization. Attend if you are a manager, supervisor, human resource representative or employee who is responsible for the planning, development and/or delivery of safety and health training programs.
Why Should You Attend?
This course meets ANSI Standard Z490.1 criteria for accepted practices in safety, health and environmental training. Students will walk away knowing they have received the knowledge and skills necessary to implement successful safety training programs within their organizations.
Regular Price: $1,675
Discounted Member: $1,325
Course materials included. Each participant will receive a “Participant Guide”.
Come prepared with needs or ideas for training programs and if you plan on using a power-point presentation, please bring a laptop if you have one.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend this course and earn 2.6 CEUs from the Wisconsin Safety Council.
- Training program discount
- Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
- Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!
- Cancellation and substitution policy
To schedule a private of this course, please contact us at 608.258.3400 or email@example.com for pricing and availability.
Upcoming Public Trainings: