Upcoming Public Trainings:
Designed for safety leaders, this course addresses safety management systems, the roles and responsibilities of safety professionals, leading safety management processes, safety performance measures and more. It’s ideal for the people who coordinate, supervise or manage your organization’s safety and health efforts.
This course equips safety and health professionals with skills in communication and management functions. Upon completion of the course, you’ll be able to use new knowledge and skills to influence the safety and health efforts at your facility. Additional topics covered in the class include:
- Determine how events in the safety, health, and management fields influence your organization’s safety management focus
● Identify characteristics of an effective safety management system
● Identify the four key requirements for creating a positive safety culture
● Identify activities to perform in your organization’s safety and health audit process
● Use measurement tools to evaluate safety at your organization
● Establish a business case for a safety management system
● Analyze a safety and health case study from a manager’s perspective and develop a plan to resolve the identified issues
This course can apply toward NSC’s Advanced Safety Certificate.
Who Should Attend?
● Employees new to safety or with new safety responsibilities
● Safety practitioners
● Safety team leaders
● Safety consultants
● Safety supervisors
● Middle/upper management
● Designers and developers of safety content
Designed for the safety leader, this course meets the needs of safety and health committee leaders, supervisors, and middle/upper managers. Attend this course if you are coordinating, supervising, or managing safety and health efforts at your company. Apply this course towards your National Safety Council Advanced Safety Certificate (ASC).
Why Should You Attend?
This course is designed to assist you if you are responsible for managing employees and/or projects in safety and health efforts. Based on current safety, management, quality, and performance technology principles, this program focuses on the knowledge and skills required to effectively deal with safety and health management issues from an individual and organizational perspective. You will be involved in your own learning experience through interactive, instructional exercises in addition to examining your function and leadership role as a safety and health professional.
Attend Effective Safety Management Practices Part II, more information here.
Registration/Networking: 8:15 – 8:30 am (day one only)
Course: 8:30 am – 4:30 p.m.
Lunch: 12:00p.m.-1:00p.m. on your own
*This class will be held in person and virtually. For those attending via Zoom, a link will be sent to you at a later date*
Regular Price: $875
Discounted Member: $700
Course materials included
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend this course and earn 1.3 CEUS from the Wisconsin Safety Council.
- Membership – Join our network of committed organizations today!
- Consulting & customized training services – Customize this, or any program for delivery at your facility. Call today for a quote!
- Cancellation and substitution policy
To schedule a private training of this course or any other for your company, please contact us at 608.258.3400 or firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and availability.