*2 day course; must attend both days*
This course provides the advanced knowledge required to implement a successful safety management system. It covers human and organizational performance, serious injury and fatality prevention, risk assessments, safety observation programs and more. The content is geared toward those who coordinate, supervise, or manage your organization’s safety and health efforts.
This course equips safety and health professionals with skills in communication and management functions. Upon completion of the course, you’ll be able to use new knowledge and skills to influence the safety and health efforts at your facility. Additional topics covered in the class include:
- ● Differentiate between audits and inspections
● Pinpoint the elements of a safety management system you currently audit
● Identify activities performed in the safety and health audit process
● Recognize the roles and responsibilities of an audit team leader, an audit team, and an audited group
● Understand the reasons and benefits of managing an organization’s safety and health efforts
● Differentiate between insured and uninsured costs
● Calculate a total case rate
● Conduct a cost-benefit analysis and describe why it is important
This course can apply toward NSC’s Advanced Safety Certificate.
Who Should Attend?
● Employees new to safety or with new safety responsibilities
● Safety practitioners
● Safety team leaders
● Safety consultants
● Safety Supervisors
● Middle/upper management
● Designers and developers of safety content
Designed for the safety leader, this course meets the needs of safety and health committee leaders, supervisors, and middle/upper managers. Attend this course if you are coordinating, supervising, or managing safety and health efforts at your company. Apply this course towards your National Safety Council Advanced Safety Certificate (ASC).
Why Should You Attend?
This course is designed to assist you if you are responsible for managing employees and/or projects in safety and health efforts. Based on current safety, management, quality, and performance technology principles, this program focuses on the knowledge and skills required to effectively deal with safety and health management issues from an individual and organizational perspective. You will be involved in your own learning experience through interactive, instructional exercises in addition to examining your function and leadership role as a safety and health professional.
Attend Effective Safety Management Practices Part I, more information here.
Registration/Networking: 8:15 – 8:30 am (day one only)
Course: 8:30 am – 4:30 p.m.
Lunch: 12:00p.m.-1:00p.m. on your own
*This class will be held in person and virtually. For those attending via Zoom, a link will be sent to you at a later date*
Regular Price: $875
Discounted Member: $700
Course materials included
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attend this course and earn 1.3 CEUS from the Wisconsin Safety Council.
To schedule a private training of this course or any other for your company, please contact us at 608.258.3400 or email@example.com for pricing and availability.